Defensive Carry banner

Anyone have a good link to a Leather Holster How-To?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Steve J 
#1 ·
I did a search in here and didn't find one.

I have a four day weekend to myself (wife's visiting the inlaws without me:danceban:), kydex that will be here tomorrow, some leather, the fittings for both, and the intent to experiment with both.

I've found good links for the kydex, but only a few, less than helpful links for leather.

So, if someone has a good link to a leather holster how-to, I'd appreciate it.

Mainly, how to get that nice impression in the leather is where I'm fuzzy. Should be okay on the sewing, etc.

I know the leather has to be soaked to shape it, but do you use a press, like kydex, or is it done by hand, or using something else?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Moved out of How To & Reference since that is a moderated/moderator pre-approval area only.

Everybody should see it here.

Search Ebay for "How To Make Holsters"

You should be able to buy it for right around $10.00

Though some of the book is outdated regarding the "popular" full size holster patterns that are provided in the book....with the Easy To Understand knowledge given in that book...you'll be able to make your own cutting patterns for any Make/Model pistol or revolver.

Here is what it looks like...

#8 ·
Huntsville it is. I'm stationed at Redstone right now. I claim Morgan County as home though. Ended up there when my dad retired years ago.

Thanks all for the links. Their is some great info in there, especially that video. Didn't make it to the leather this weekend, though. Spent the weekend ruining kydex:embarassed:. Now that I know what I was doing wrong, I'm going to try a leather lined, kydex holster. I'll post pictures if I manage to get it right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.