Thinking about a Springfield xd9sc, what holster do you use

This is a discussion on Thinking about a Springfield xd9sc, what holster do you use within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone with an xd9sc: did yours come with the holster/mag holster/speed loader/ etc? Do you use the holster that came with it? Is the "package ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a Springfield xd9sc, what holster do you use

Anyone with an xd9sc: did yours come with the holster/mag holster/speed loader/ etc? Do you use the holster that came with it? Is the "package deal" worth the extra $50ish over just getting the pistol with just two mags? How do you carry? Thanks from another new guy! Any thoughts or opinions on the xd9sc also welcome!

Pkupmn98

Yes, mine came in a kit. I really don't use the gear that came with it.

I have a Brommeland Max-Con V IWB holster and I use Blackhawk CQB mag carriers or a Bianchi Mag carrier with belt clip.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I do not use the holster or speed loader that came with mine, I but have used the mag holders at the range(they also work for my CZ) I carry my XDSC IWB in either a horse hide super tuck deluxe (ST) or a Don Hume (DH) clip. The ST is a good holster and I like mine OK, but I must admit that I use the DH more often because it is quicker to get on/off. The retention of the ST is fine while I am wearing it, but If I take gun and holster off the retention leaves a lot to be desired. This may not be an issue for some, but ours cats are WILD hellians who like to knock objects off of nightstands

I have the XD40SC, the XD Gear that came with it is junk! I love the gun. I presently have a holster made for me by dukalmighty (forum member) and it works great. I have also ordered a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro as it can be worn in about 23 different positions, IWB/OWB, high/low, different cants, etc. Plus the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro is a work of art which not only works as promised, but is beautiful to look at as well!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

"Archangel" by Dale Fricke

Very comfortable.

More info HERE

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    If I remember correctly,I bought a Desantis OWB.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    The holster is garbage, but the mag carrier is okay. I wouldn't pay $50 for it though!

I carry in a Galco Gunleather OWB or a Kholster tuckable IWB; both work great and can be had for a reasonable price.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Either a Desantis Tuck This

or a Crossbreed Supertuck

All of your stuff is on your strong side. What if that hand is busy or if you need a 2nd tool?

FIST #43! Can be worn IWB or IWB and works well for either carry mode. Carry my CD9SC and love it.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

I agree with the other folks here. The gear that comes with it is not worth paying for. The mag holders are the only functional piece in the gear but if you plan on using them for anything other than range work (i.e. IDPA or EDC) then its worth spending money on good ones. I've been making my own holsters here recently but before that carried in a Crossbreed SuperTuck and thought it was great. Its a super practical holster, very adjustable.

I love my XDSC9. Its not the most accurate pistol but its a pleasure to shoot and very well made. Solid pistol overall, in my opinion. In conclusion, if I had the option of saving 50 bucks by not getting the XD gear I would have taken the pistol and mags and put the $50 towards better gear.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pkupmn98 View Post
    Anyone with an xd9sc: did yours come with the holster/mag holster/speed loader/ etc? Do you use the holster that came with it? Is the "package deal" worth the extra $50ish over just getting the pistol with just two mags? How do you carry? Thanks from another new guy! Any thoughts or opinions on the xd9sc also welcome!

Pkupmn98
    First thing to do with that holster is to trash it. $50.00 bucks my foot. I would not trust that cheesy holster to carry a cap gun. The mag holders are OK but only worth $5.00 at most. The loader is worth a couple bucks. I never use one. Some use them to load the last one or two rounds.
    If you want a decent inexpensive OSB holster for about $20.00 get a Fobus Paddle or Roto Paddle. The number is SP11B. They are not fancy but a very light weight inexpensive and fast draw.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I use a supertuck
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I also use a supertuck with my xd9sc(crossbreed). The stuff that came in the package is total junk...I use none of it. If it's free, great....if you have the option to pay less and not have to worry about it taking up space in your home or closet, pay less.

Welcome to the forum!

For comfortable IWB carry, try the CrossBreed Super Tuck Deluxe as other's recommended. Before it is over with, I will have one for every handgun I own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links