Ideas for owb for G26 ccw - Page 3

Ideas for owb for G26 ccw

This is a discussion on Ideas for owb for G26 ccw within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cmdrdredd Personally, I never disarm myself for any reason. If I can't bring my gun in I don't need to go in. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ideas for owb for G26 ccw

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Personally, I never disarm myself for any reason. If I can't bring my gun in I don't need to go in. Exceptions for jury duty and post office where I secure my firearm in a lockbox in my car. Otherwise I'm armed so not being able to remove the holster means nothing to me. I also like how a belt slide is secured right on the belt. Always seemed more stable for me.

That's just me though.
    There are places I go you cant carry. Church, bank, post office, amoung a hundred other places in NC. Its much easier to pop your paddle off and you still have your gun secured. Put it in the glove box or whatever. There are also places I want to go tucked in like to church and dont want a empty holster on my belt. Its also a pain in the butt to thread my Wilderness belt through the Glock Sport holster because the tabs must bend back in order for the belt to go through. And it must be secured between the loops on your pants. Paddle can go anywhere I want. To me no belt slide holds my gun as secure and tight to my waist as a paddle.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I carry my G36 in a Galco Jak slide. Don't use anything else. Works great for those smaller guns.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    There are places I go you cant carry. Church, bank, post office, amoung a hundred other places in NC. Its much easier to pop your paddle off and you still have your gun secured. Put it in the glove box or whatever. There are also places I want to go tucked in like to church and dont want a empty holster on my belt. Its also a pain in the butt to thread my Wilderness belt through the Glock Sport holster because the tabs must bend back in order for the belt to go through. And it must be secured between the loops on your pants. Paddle can go anywhere I want. To me no belt slide holds my gun as secure and tight to my waist as a paddle.
    Hrm, well being in FL I can carry at the bank, & church although i don't go to church myself. I do often forget that many states have more restrictive laws regarding where you can and can't carry. No offense meant.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Hrm, well being in FL I can carry at the bank, & church although i don't go to church myself. I do often forget that many states have more restrictive laws regarding where you can and can't carry. No offense meant.
    Not offended at all. In NC when it comes right down to it theres not many places you can carry in public. Places of assembly, admission is sold, alcohol is sold, funerals, and the list goes on.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Try Dave at Lil Bear Little Bear Custom Holsters - OUTSIDE THE WAISTBAND HOLSTERS**Large Paw: $70*The Large Paw is a basic pancake style holster, popular with most makers today. What makes ours slightly different is the width which adds stability and keeps it tight to

I've ordered three holsters (Large Paw) and three double mag carriers (Glock 26, Glock 19, Taurus PT709 Slim) and have been extremely pleased. He's a great guy to deal with.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Our favorite server has been moved to the bar (way better tips!) so she came by the table and said come in for a visit, to the bar.

No can do, I can not go in the bar, told her why, she said who will know?

"Me" said I.

Not too hard to comply to the laws when they make sense.

Comp-Tec Minotaur Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Our favorite server has been moved to the bar (way better tips!) so she came by the table and said come in for a visit, to the bar.

No can do, I can not go in the bar, told her why, she said who will know?

"Me" said I.

Not too hard to comply to the laws when they make sense.
    Well, personally on that I say if you wanna have a beer at the bar while carrying fine, but if you get stupid and do something stupid while intoxicated then you do not pass go and you do not collect $200. Go directly to jail without questions.

That's how I feel about it. Why restrict people? Just make them 110% accountable for their actions. If they screw up make them pay. I mean we don't tell people they can't have a beer and then drive home. It may not be a good idea and people get in trouble for it, but you are made accountable for your actions in a vehicle, intoxicated or not so why not the same with a CCW? Just make it a very severe punishment and mandatory loss of license. Oh well, we can't have it all I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Not offended at all. In NC when it comes right down to it theres not many places you can carry in public. Places of assembly, admission is sold, alcohol is sold, funerals, and the list goes on.
    Yeah, hopefully sometime soonish they will remove some of those restrictions. They might make sense to some people, but as I said above simply make people accountable for everything they do and make the punishment for doing something stupid (like shooting up a funeral parlor while under duress) VERY severe.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links