Appendix Carry Holsters

Appendix Carry Holsters

This is a discussion on Appendix Carry Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and new to concealed carry but not at all new to handguns and shooting. I shot my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Appendix Carry Holsters

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and new to concealed carry but not at all new to handguns and shooting. I shot my first handgun over 20 years ago but put them away as soon as we began having children (17 years ago). I recently got my CHL and began carrying everyday. I own, shoot and am very familiar with the Glock 19 but decided to get a smaller gun to start my EDC life with (mostly for the summer). I got a Kel-Tec P3-AT with Crimson Trace Laserguard laser. As a busy Mom doing laundry, bathing children, picking up little ones, cleaning etc... the gun feels like it's top heavy when in a holster and even popped out while making a bed one day. NOT COOL! After trying some universal holsters - Black Hawk, Uncle Mike's and the likes, I ended up getting the Kel-Tec belt clip and appendix carry at 1:00. This is the most comfortable and natural location for me - period! I know where it is, I know my children won't get to it, and I know I can access it easily while driving without the thing digging into my back. My husband wants the trigger covered and the gun in a holster. I am in agreement with him but I don't like bulky holsters. I have a small frame, 5'5, 118 lb. and don't want to have to dress like a man to carry (no offense). I am not a fan of wearing a belt - I like dressing fun and "hip" - I can't stand holsters but I would like to get your opinion on appendix holsters for the Kel-Tec and the Glock. We don't want to have a drawer of holsters that we don't use. I will surely need one for the Glock as that is the one I really want to carry. Also, because my frame is small I'm considering the G26 in case the barrel on the G19 is too long to appendix carry.

Welcome to the forum, Mom of Five!

I'll have to let those familiar with Glocks, P3AT waistline holsters, and women carry issues address your questions, as I have no experience with any of those three.

Welcome!

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Pager Pal Cell Pal Concealed Carry Holster Total Concealment undercover ccw armed citizens conceled weapon permit no fanny packs

You could try one of these, I don't think it'll be too bulky for the Keltek, the GLOCK on the other hand... well, you may have to make some wardrobe consolations on that one.

Good luck, and Welcome
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...dden_ally.html, is what I would suggest for appendix. But it would require a belt.

My wife likes to carry between 1:00 and 3:00, she doesn't like a belt, so she got a belly band.

Check out this belly band from Magills. They have a demonstration video of a lady appendix carrying a snub revolver.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

High noon's Mr. Softy's are very thin, affordable, readily available and work well for appendix carry. They are the non tuck version of what zacii mentioned. My other half carries her Kahr MK9 crossdraw (other side of appendix 11 o'clock) in one. She said the same thing about belts and has picked up a few that are more to her liking, and sometimes she just clips the holster on her pants without belt.

We have a couple different Mr. Softy's for a couple different handguns ranging from a NAA 32 (smaller than your kel tec), to a XD9SC (about the size of a glock 26). All have held up surprisingly well and cost was next to nothing compared to many other holsters.

You will get more responses in here soon. Welcome to the forum, it is an amazing wealth of information.

High Noon Holsters: Hidden Ally

Hello,

I have the Hidden Ally, which is designed for an appendix carry. It is a tuckable holster which I like alot. The clip is REALLY strong, which will grab pants without a belt. It has the strongest (reverse J clip) grab of any holster I know of for the PF9. I think it is a great deal for $36.

High Noon also has the best web pictures of their products, having extra large pictures available of all of their holsters (back, front, side, etc):
    Hidden Ally

My only two complaints (very minor) are: (1) the clip is a bit too strong and (2) the holster rides really low. Here are a couple pictures of it in use (I am left handed):

Hope this helps!

Peabo

Check out fist kydex or Alabama holsters.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Hello Mom of Five, and welcom to the board. My ex girlfriend referenced www.corneredcat.com for a wealth of knowledge specific to women when she got her chl. Maybe there is something there that can help you out.

(1) There are a lot of different belly band holsters on the market. Some are thick and stiff, others are thin and soft. The ones from Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns are thin, soft, stretchy and breathable.

(2) You can also look at the SmartCarry holster at SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters Normally it's worn low across the hips with the pouch in front so that the butt of the gun is below the waist of your trousers. But it can also be used across your tummy like a belly band at whatever height and position you like.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Although male Im 5' 7" and I have carried a Glock 26 in a Smartcarry. It has worked from 130-150 lbs. I find it comfortable and I can wear it everyday no matter my activities. I dont have to change my attire.

VIP Member
    I know a couple of gals that use the ‘SmartCarry’ with favorable results. It’s the only universal option that I found that works very well. I use one when my attire requires a near invisible carry. The price is fair, and it’s even available in white. Though it’s not a catchall for every occasion, as no one holster is, it will provide good concealment while allowing you to show your waist and hips.
    Last edited by Saber; June 4th, 2010 at 03:26 PM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

My wife uses one of my Minimal Clips appendix for her P32 and Bersa Thunder 380 without a belt.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by Mom of Five View Post
    Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and new to concealed carry but not at all new to handguns and shooting. I shot my first handgun over 20 years ago but put them away as soon as we began having children (17 years ago). I recently got my CHL and began carrying everyday. I own, shoot and am very familiar with the Glock 19 but decided to get a smaller gun to start my EDC life with (mostly for the summer). I got a Kel-Tec P3-AT with Crimson Trace Laserguard laser. As a busy Mom doing laundry, bathing children, picking up little ones, cleaning etc... the gun feels like it's top heavy when in a holster and even popped out while making a bed one day. NOT COOL! After trying some universal holsters - Black Hawk, Uncle Mike's and the likes, I ended up getting the Kel-Tec belt clip and appendix carry at 1:00. This is the most comfortable and natural location for me - period! I know where it is, I know my children won't get to it, and I know I can access it easily while driving without the thing digging into my back. My husband wants the trigger covered and the gun in a holster. I am in agreement with him but I don't like bulky holsters. I have a small frame, 5'5, 118 lb. and don't want to have to dress like a man to carry (no offense). I am not a fan of wearing a belt - I like dressing fun and "hip" - I can't stand holsters but I would like to get your opinion on appendix holsters for the Kel-Tec and the Glock. We don't want to have a drawer of holsters that we don't use. I will surely need one for the Glock as that is the one I really want to carry. Also, because my frame is small I'm considering the G26 in case the barrel on the G19 is too long to appendix carry.
    I hear you. And welcome to the forum by the way! I think I have the best idea for you. I've been carrying appendix more this year than I have before because of something I've found in the way of holsters with my G27. My wife is carrying in one of these holsters as well, but she carries around 5 o'clock with hers and her G26. I'm serious..this sounds like it for you! I'll send you a PM.

I carry my G23 in a Highnoon Public Secret holster in appendix carry. The Public Secret has no cant and has a slide guard that aids in comfort and smooth draw and a tension screw to secure the weapon. A good belt makes the carry rig solid and makes the fit more comfortable. Good luck being hip and fun and carrying secure and concealed. Whatever you decide on make sure you can bend over, stoop down, run and physically move about with the carry rig remaining in place and the weapon secure in the hiolster.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I'm pretty happy with the FIST 1KB cantable clip kydex holster. It and the K12 all around holster look like they'd do you just fine.

Untitled Document

Untitled Document

I like the thinness of the kydex, the adjustabity, and the versatility concerning other carry positions. I wore it OWB, IWB, 4 o'clock, appendix, and cross draw while deciding where to use it most.

The clip itself is extremely strong.

Some others from FIST could work as well.

Prices are a little higher now than when I got mine though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links