New holsters on order

New holsters on order

This is a discussion on New holsters on order within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Placed my order this afternoon for a Brommeland Max-Con V. Gary was great to talk with when ordering. I am also waiting for an order ...

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar

New holsters on order

Placed my order this afternoon for a Brommeland Max-Con V. Gary was great to talk with when ordering.
    I am also waiting for an order from K&D. It is great that we have so much talent at our disposal here.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    You got to speak with Gary? That usually costs a dollar extra.

Sounds like you have some really exceptional leather to look forward to getting.

The Glorious Anticipatory Wait Begins.

I hate the wait
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I haven't had the pleasure of getting Gary on the phone. Just talked to him on pm's here. He seems like a great guy. Better that he is in the shop working than talking to me anyway. I spoke with Remy a couple of times and she is very nice. She in fact called me today to tell me my holster was in the mail. If anybody needs me I'll be sleeping out by the mailbox ;)

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_1
    Placed my order this afternoon for a Brommeland Max-Con V. Gary was great to talk with when ordering.
    I am also waiting for an order from K&D. It is great that we have so much talent at our disposal here.
    Mike

I placed my order last night. I received an email from Gary saying it would take 16-24 WEEKS! That's flippin amazing. That's longer than I waited for my Nevada CCW!

16 -24 weeks is not too bad, when I went to place my order with
    Del Fatti I was told that it would be ONE YEAR wait time.

It is worth the Wait.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

QK, it costs me $1.10 due to State tax - $1.12 if I want Gary's .02 on something.
    Great choice on gun leather Mike. Be sure to post pics when the orders come in.
    Jack

Good things come to those that wait.
    Mike
    Thomas Jefferson

I'm assuming the 16 to 24 week wait is for his Presentation grade gear, the Service Grades don't usually take anywhere near that.

I placed an order for a new shoulder rig with Matt Del Fatti myself earlier this month. He quoted a one year delivery on mine as well - that's okay, I'm willing to wait for it, it'll be awesome when it arrives.
    Jack

As I understand it, the cost of leather recently saw a price hike so there may be a supply shortage behind that (just guessing). Seems I remember both Gary and Kevin mentioning they'd have to raise prices shortly.
    Jack
    Last edited by maclean3; June 13th, 2006 at 11:21 PM.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    "I'm assuming the 16 to 24 week wait is for his Presentation grade gear, the Service Grades don't usually take anywhere near that"

Nope, I just ordered the Max-con V for my XD45. I (politely) emailed Gary about my surprise at the delay, but I would be looking forward to receiving it. He replied that he would try to get it out sooner, but that was the best that he could guarantee. So, maybe I'll get lucky and get it earlier. As for a 1 year wait, I'm afraid that I would pass, regardless of the quality. That's just too long for me to wait for a holster, especially if I have to pay up front.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Seems I remember both Gary and Kevin mentioning they'd have to raise prices shortly.
    Jack
    I raised prices back on the 1st of March of this year. That was the first price increase in over 3 years. The price went up $5 across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Man
    I raised prices back on the 1st of March of this year. That was the first price increase in over 3 years. The price went up $5 across the board.
    That must be the increase I was thinking of. The closer I get to 40, the faster time slips by . Even with the increase, your gear's still on the low end of the custom leather price scale - especially for the quality you're producing.

Once I replace my .357 I intend to order one of your exotic rigs - maybe an Eagle Defender with matching belt and speedloader pouch. Your exotic prices are about the lowest I've seen anywhere and that Anaconda Defender rig was outstanding!
    Jack

Here's the one I was thinking of:
    Last edited by maclean3; June 14th, 2006 at 08:09 AM.

Links