Beltman and VM 2 question

This is a discussion on Beltman and VM 2 question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've searched and read of a little issue with using a Beltman for a Milt Sparks VM 2. Seems as though some were finding that ...

Thread: Beltman and VM 2 question

Beltman and VM 2 question

I've searched and read of a little issue with using a Beltman for a Milt Sparks VM 2. Seems as though some were finding that the Beltman is just a little on the thick side, and are having trouble with the snaps.

I just wanted to get a better concensus before ordering a belt. I already have a VM 2, and I don't want to wait months for a Sparks belt, so please don't suggest it. I just wanna hear first hand from those with a VM 2/Beltman combo!

Thanks!
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I can't comment on the VM2, but my Beltman belts are a little thick. I had trouble with a couple of holsters that should have fit but didn't. They were fine in height, but the width of the belt slots was too tight causing them to bind. Some holsters you can stretch enough, some you can't.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Everyone speaks of the quality of Beltman, but for as many holster makers as there are, nearly all of them offer a belt as well. Many of the belts look as good as a Beltman, and I want something that can double as a belt to be used when I cannot carry. Would a Beltman be too thick and rigid for that?
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

I wear my Beltmans even when not carrying (stupid workplace). I think they pass well as dress belts. Mine work well with my Pure Kustom with 1.5 inch slots. Sorry, no Milt Sparks experience.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post
    Everyone speaks of the quality of Beltman, but for as many holster makers as there are, nearly all of them offer a belt as well. Many of the belts look as good as a Beltman, and I want something that can double as a belt to be used when I cannot carry. Would a Beltman be too thick and rigid for that?
    No problem at all. They look just like a normal belt unless some one really is checking it out. I don't know many people that look that closely at the belt some one is wearing.

If you are concerned about the way they look, check out his tapered belts. They are wide in the back and sides, but taper down to a dress belt size in the front.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I have a beltman that I use with a VM2 and it fits fine, the beltman is a bit on the thick side though as I had trouble using it with a DGL holster that I got, one of the loops was too small but I got a bigger one for it and problem solved.

my standard beltman fits fine, only if I "thread" my belt through without unsnapping. I have a don hume double thickness 1 1/2 belt that won't fit. I had to get the 1 3/4 loop for it.

Standard 1.5" Beltman bullhide w/out stiffener here - Perfect fit w/ both my Sparks VM-2's... I can't speak for the reinforced Beltman model, though.

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

My 1.5" Beltman Bullhide fits perfect with my VMII, the snaps work just like they are supposed to. No need to thread the belt on mine. The snap on my Sparks mag carrier also works easily.
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS DAK 9mm (EDC)
    MR Micro Desert Eagle .380 acp (BUG)
    Glock G30sf .45 acp (HD)
    Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader 12ga (HD)
    WASR 10/63 AK-47 7.62x39 (SHTF)

VIP Member
    I never use the snaps to put on my VM-IIs and rarely to remove the holster. I wouldn't hesitate to get the Beltman!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I don't have a beltman, but I have a RafterS that was too thick for the VMII loops at first. A couple weeks of threading it through the loops and they stretched just enough for a perfect fit.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by raytracer View Post
    I don't have a beltman, but I have a RafterS that was too thick for the VMII loops at first. A couple weeks of threading it through the loops and they stretched just enough for a perfect fit.

Joe
    Same here, 3 Rafters-all have trouble w/snap loops.

Beltman horsie and sharkie-no problem!
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I have a Beltman shark belt which comes with the stiffener. I have to thread my belt through the holster loops until they loosen up. I've tried a VM2 and this was true as well. I didn't keep the VM2 but I still have my belt.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Links