Heavy Guy Holster

This is a discussion on Heavy Guy Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Having a little overhang in the belly department , I have to really work to keep from printing . What do you all consider to ...

Thread: Heavy Guy Holster

Heavy Guy Holster

Having a little overhang in the belly department , I have to really work to keep from printing . What do you all consider to be my best option for comfort,and conceal ability while carrying my G19? Thanks

2. Remove Ads

los
    WELCOME to the forum.

Have you considered Appendix Crossdraw carry..?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VIP Member
    The 'Ken Null' Gibraltar scabbard may be an option. I'm pretty sure Ken offers this in your model. Tell Ken about your specific needs as he will do what he can to make custom adjustments.

" This form fitted scabbard needs no retaining devices as it relies completely on its exquisitely formed contours for retention. Positive non-shifting stability is assured by tab extensions which allow belt to be fed through holster loop before trouser loop. This inter-weaving guarantees placement as solid as the rock which bears its name."

K.L. Null Holsters Home Page

Regards,
    Dan Ortego
    Attached Images
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Welcome.

Maybe try moving the holster back to 4:00 or 5:00 position?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

A good belt, carry at 4:30, use a holster with a 15-20 degree cant like this FIST, INC....the holster on the right with the Glock is like mine.
    It rides 'high and tight' against the body...as tightly as any IWB that I have...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It could also depend on what type of shirt you're wearing as well. I mean if your wearing a shirt that is even slightly tight a larger frame firearm (think bigger than G26) might print anyway. If you wear a button down shirt that is looser fitting (think something not necessarily a t-shirt) you might be better off in the concealment department. It takes some experimentation.
    Last edited by cmdrdredd; June 6th, 2010 at 09:37 AM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

A belly band being worn in a cross draw position work's well also.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    CrossBreed SuperTuck. 3:00, adjust to lowest setting, the butt of the gun is disguised in your waste band
    I keep mine at a forward cant, so the but sticks up a bit, but my gut overhangs and disguises.
    Also, remember, what seems to you is an indisguisable print, to the untrained eye is a cell phone, pager, multitool, etc.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

jailcop, Welcome Aboard first off.....!

Lets ask 'how' you like to carry (IWB, OWB, and where....4o'clock, appendixs, SOB,etc.) and what's your 'general' wardrobe selection.......and do you have a good, quality gunbelt as well? It does make a diffrence!

I carry a G23....same size as your G19.....and I'm working at keeping my belly in check constantly. At 5'9" and 185 lbs. I'm by no means obease, but about 10 years ago my metabolism hit a brick wall........

My carry holsters are Comp-Tac's MTAC & CTAC (IWB), A custom leather OWB, and a kydex paddle (OWB). I have a drawer full of other holsters but those four are my primaries......the paddle gets the most use due to the quick 'on-off' right now. I carry around the 3 to 5 o'clock positions.

With no other info I'll guess that a quality IWB (i.e. Comp-Tac, Crossbreed, VM-II, etc.) paired with a good gunbelt will make that Glock disappear on ya
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    OK I'll be the first to post the ubiquitous Perry Suspenders link. It doesn't help with printing, it just helps.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Check out Don's Leather Shop I'm heavy, but he refers to himself as a "fat man with a sewing machine". Best conceal carry holsters and advice I've ever gotten.

Call 859-585-0122

Quote Originally Posted by jailcop2 View Post
    Having a little overhang in the belly department , I have to really work to keep from printing . What do you all consider to be my best option for comfort,and conceal ability while carrying my G19? Thanks
    I am 6'3" and weigh 260 pounds and am definitely a large guy. For the last few months I have been carrying concealed in a Smart Carry

This a a SmartCarry Security V and it is carrying a CZ PCR, an extra magazine, a Kershaw Junk Yard Dog knife, and a Steamlight flashlight. I usually wear pleated jeans or Dockers and the result is that this carry combo never prints for me.

It has become my EDC mode and I recommend it without reservation.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

I carried my G19 for about 48 hours strait while camping this weekend with just a t shirt as cover in this holster.

It is homemade, but is a copy of the AKJ concealco

AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather.
    I’m 6 foot about 250 and have no trouble carrying at 3:00 4:00

Without knowing more, I'd suggest a pancake-style OWB. The flat leather will help hide the outline of the gun. I'm, 6'2" and 275. Yup, got a gut. A loose, untucked short shirt and an OWB Kydex paddle holster hides my gun easily. You always think it's printing more than it really is. In most states, the print has to be recognizable as a gun, not just a mass under the clothing that could be a cell phone, pager, or any other type of electronic belt-worn device.

Links