Love my crossbreed supertuck

This is a discussion on Love my crossbreed supertuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have had my CBST for about a month and a half now and absolutely love it. I have finally found the sweet spot to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love my crossbreed supertuck

Love my crossbreed supertuck

I have had my CBST for about a month and a half now and absolutely love it. I have finally found the sweet spot to carry it in. I have it at 400 just slightly off my right hip, and it is so incredibly comfortable it is crazy. I carry it all day and don't even feel it is there. I now normally carry my G27 in this set up and am more then pleased. I was at the zoo today and had a shirt tucked into it. After we got home my wife asked me where my gun was, she thought I left it at home. I showed her and she was amazed. I was around thousands of people today and not one made me. I am truly amazed by this holster yet again. I cant wait to try this set up out at a wedding the end of this month. I think I will be buying more CBST's for the rest of my firearms in the very near future. Thank you CB for your quality and craftmenship, your holsters are well worth every penny!
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

2. Remove Ads

Great Holster for sure, Glad you like it & Be Safe ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Yeah, I know what you mean. I first got one for my Glock 19 and ordered one for my Sig P228 shortly afterward. I just got that one last week. Gonna start working on breakin' that baby in. This is truly the most comfortable holster I ever tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Savior Sound View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I first got one for my Glock 19 and ordered one for my Sig P228 shortly afterward. I just got that one last week. Gonna start working on breakin' that baby in. This is truly the most comfortable holster I ever tried.
    I did the reverse. P228 then G23.

The G23 is slowly being broken in. I rarely wear the P228.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by b1780 View Post
    I was at the zoo today and had a shirt tucked into it.

Lucky you can legally carry at a zoo! Or at least I am assuming you are lucky to be able to carry at a zoo (assuming its legal). In the state of NC if you are not LEO, you cannot carry concealed in any establishment that charges admission to get in. Again assuming that your zoo is not free!

Congrats on your Supertuck though.....I love mine too.

I finally gave Crossbreed a try after wanting one for awhile. I needed a new holster for my G30, so I got a super tuck. I am pleased. It is comfortable with a rather thick firearm. It would probably be even more comfortable w/ my 27. Maybe I'll get another down the road.

I asked for the combat cut. I was a little disappointed that I had to make a little bit more of a cut. The combat cut did not go far enough to clear the mag catch. It was releasing my mag during certain movements. So I made a very small cut that corrected the issue.

I also asked for very tight retention as I did not want to be bothered with heating up the kydex. I again was a little disappointed that the handgun fell out with very little shaking while upside down. So, I broke out the wife's hairdryer and molded the area around the trigger guard and ejection port. Again, situation was corrected and I'm now in the process of breaking it in.

Overall I am pleased, but I wish that I didn't have to make adjustments to issues that I asked be taken care of before shipping. I know that Crossbreed would have taken care of it, but I didn't feel like waiting.

I'll still order another in the future, probably for my 27,19,23. I just hope that I won't have to make any adjusments this time.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

My first Supertuck was for my XD sc9. I liked it well enough, so I bought another for my G23.

I was kinda surprised, the one for the G23 was made a lot better. I know that if you don't like the retention, and don't want to do it yourself, you can send it back and they'll work it.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Overall I am pleased, but I wish that I didn't have to make adjustments ...
    Both holsters I got were fine when I got them, no adjustments necessary.

Diddo on loving the Crossbreed! Best holster I have ever tried...and I have tried a few...just ask my wife how big the box of holsters is around here!
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    The retention on mine was a little too tight. It was easier to do it myself than to try and articulate what my personal idea of "snug" is and then hope that somebody else gets it right. No biggie.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I added a bit more cant to the P228's. The Glocks holster didn't need adjustment.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Savior Sound View Post
    Both holsters I got were fine when I got them, no adjustments necessary.
    From all of the reviews that I have read, yours is usually the case. That is why I placed the order.

Honestly, what I had to do was not a big deal or a huge inconvenience. I was just a little dissapointed because I "specifically" asked that these issues be addressed. Like I said, I know that I could have mailed them back to be corrected. I know that Crossbreed stands behind their product. I just didn't want to have to wait and pay shipping.

Not a huge deal.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

I don't fully understand the retension adjustments people are having to make unless they are too tight or so loose it doesn't fit at all. Mine will fall out if you turn it upside down and shake it as well......but once you put the holster on and the gun in it, my belt and pants increase the retension and that thing isn't going anywhere. I would think that all of them would tighten up once put on and your belt is on. Besides that.....are you guys going to get turned upside down and shook to see if your gun falls out ??? ha.

Like I said, mine falls out when you turn it upside down and shake it, but I can put the holster in my pants, gun in it and run, jump, whatever I want to and it doesn't budge because my pants and belt add to the retension.

Quote Originally Posted by CS33 View Post
    I don't fully understand the retension adjustments people are having to make unless they are too tight or so loose it doesn't fit at all. Mine will fall out if you turn it upside down and shake it as well......but once you put the holster on and the gun in it, my belt and pants increase the retension and that thing isn't going anywhere. I would think that all of them would tighten up once put on and your belt is on. Besides that.....are you guys going to get turned upside down and shook to see if your gun falls out ??? ha.

Like I said, mine falls out when you turn it upside down and shake it, but I can put the holster in my pants, gun in it and run, jump, whatever I want to and it doesn't budge because my pants and belt add to the retension.
    Same here, well except the running and jumping nonsense. I figure if someone turns me upside down, I should've drawn by then.

Congrats on the Supertuck OP!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by CS33 View Post

I am a police officer who has found himself in some odd positions while fighting with suspects. Violent forward and backward movement while striking someone can shake a handgun out of a holster if the retention is too loose.

John Q Citizen will not usually find himself in these situations. Everyone has their own comfort level in regards to retention. I personally like it really snug.

I had to put a wet cloth on the kydex shell except the trigger guard and ejection port (area to adjust). I hit it with my wifes hairdryer and then pushed the kydex in a little (pull out for less retention) and then let it cool. My 30 then fit in very snug yet I could still do a rapid draw.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links