Cant or no cant?

This is a discussion on Cant or no cant? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think so. I also think a higher riding holster is easier to conceal. I like a 15 degree or so forward cant; it helps ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cant or no cant?

I think so. I also think a higher riding holster is easier to conceal. I like a 15 degree or so forward cant; it helps hide the butt of the gun at the 3:00 or so position.

If you happen to be in part of PA close to WV, I have a High Noon that I bought for a G19 that you can try out if you like.

2. Remove Ads

I prefer straight up and down, but I appendix carry a lot. I rarely carry further back than 3:00.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    The Glock 26 MUST stay concealed.
    If my job was riding on me staying concealed, and I wore tucked-in shirts, I wouldn't wear any holster that showed a clip around the belt... unless I could totally conceal the clip with perhaps a phone case or something similar.

Sooner or later you'll encounter someone who knows what the clip is, or someone who's curious and draws attention to it.

If that's how you insist on carrying, good luck.

I used to carry IWB only, now it's only OWB (when not tucked IWB/SOB) around 3:30- 4:00 and a 15 degree cant make for a more comfortable grip and draw for me. It does bring the grip closer to the body, thus concealing much better.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I like a forward cant myself also, carry @ about 4:30 and I think it conceals better and makes drawing easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    If my job was riding on me staying concealed, and I wore tucked-in shirts, I wouldn't wear any holster that showed a clip around the belt... unless I could totally conceal the clip with perhaps a phone case or something similar.

Sooner or later you'll encounter someone who knows what the clip is, or someone who's curious and draws attention to it.

If that's how you insist on carrying, good luck.
    Pocket carry a smaller gun perhaps then.

My job, or rather my boss is not a fan of firearms. So I wouldn't likely have a job if I carried at work. What I do is not carry inside the building, locking everything in my car which I dislike but absolutely must do.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

since I carry at 3:00, i have found that a zero cant is better. Sometimes I carry at 4:30 if im carrying a bigger gun. Approx 20deg seems to be a good fit.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by WvHiker View Post
    I think so. I also think a higher riding holster is easier to conceal. I like a 15 degree or so forward cant; it helps hide the butt of the gun at the 3:00 or so position.

If you happen to be in part of PA close to WV, I have a High Noon that I bought for a G19 that you can try out if you like.
    Sorry it took awhile to respond, I got busy with work and such. Thanks for the offer, I live over here in Lancaster County.

If anyone is curious I went ahead and bought the Split Decision. Tuckable, and forward cant for the 4-430 position.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links