Cant or no cant?

Cant or no cant?

This is a discussion on Cant or no cant? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I am trying to figure out for a Glock 26 which IWB holster option would be better. Cant or no cant? Average body build. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant or no cant?

Cant or no cant?

So I am trying to figure out for a Glock 26 which IWB holster option would be better. Cant or no cant?

Average body build. about 5'11.

Something from High noon.

The Glock 26 MUST stay concealed.

Where are you gonna carry? 3:00? 3:30? 4:00?

The further back you carry the more that cant helps hide a firearm. I like some cant, nothing extreme.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Cant does conceal better OMO ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Get a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro and have it all

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Where are you gonna carry? 3:00? 3:30? 4:00?

The further back you carry the more that cant helps hide a firearm. I like some cant, nothing extreme.
    330-4 position.

It's a basic G26 no grip extender or anything either.

Generally speaking; anywhere from 3:00 to 5:00, needs a cant.

From 3:00 to 1:00, aka appendix style, no cant.

Of course, body types come into play.

From what I'm reading, you need the Bare Asset
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Generally speaking; anywhere from 3:00 to 5:00, needs a cant.

From 3:00 to 1:00, aka appendix style, no cant.

Of course, body types come into play.

From what I'm reading, you need the Bare Asset
    Would that work well with needing to stay concealed though? There are times I need to tuck in a shirt, with that I think it would be hard to have a tucked in shirt. Unless I get one of their tuckable holsters?

I carry at 3:30 with a 5 degree cant. I'm average height and a little overweight. This has worked very well for me. 4:00 hides even better, but then I need to bend at the knees if I have to pick something up off the ground as the gun butt will begin to print.

VIP Member

Overall, I haven’t found any real advantages to the forward angle of a holster with the traditional three-o’clock hip carry unless I’m seated. Personally, I find it easier and stronger to draw from a vertical posture than from a forward cant.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Tuckable huh? Honestly I've never tried to tuck in my shirt while carrying and those I've seen try it have limited success. That's an area I'm very unfamiliar with but am interested in how some people do it if anyone comes in with any info about it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Tuckable huh? Honestly I've never tried to tuck in my shirt while carrying and those I've seen try it have limited success. That's an area I'm very unfamiliar with but am interested in how some people do it if anyone comes in with any info about it.
    There are a few people here with some of High noon tuckable holsters, they conceal nice it seems.

Cant may, or may not, help concealment - depends on where the gun is worn. Pick the style that helps your ease of draw first, then consider everything else. I wear my gun a little farther forward than most do at 9:00 (I'm a lefty), and I like no cant. If it's that far forward and canted, I feel like I have to break my wrist to get a good hold on the butt. If you wear your gun farther back, you'll probably need cant to achieve that same good grip. A gun worn appendix or crossdraw might need reverse cant. SOB needs almost a flat cant. It's all in what feels good to you when you go to draw your piece.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I have an IWB with 0 cant and wear it at 3:30-4:00. I should have got the fwd cant as it would be easier to grip and conceals slightly better. My thought is forward of 3:00=zero to aft cant. Aft of 3:00= forward cant.

Best bet is to try a couple different cants and see which feels most comfortable.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I'm a fwd-cant kinda guy myself.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Well for a sub compact like the G26, Highnoon's holsters with cant ride higher vs no cants, ride lower. Wouldn't a higher riding holster be better for the person to get a firm grip?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links