Serious Question about Tuckable Holsters

This is a discussion on Serious Question about Tuckable Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With my SuperTuck, I have no problems carrying even a G23 with my shirt tucked in and it not printing. It's even easier with the ...

With my SuperTuck, I have no problems carrying even a G23 with my shirt tucked in and it not printing. It's even easier with the subcompact G33.

There's no printing on the shirt, but what about the pants around the belt area? I can notice that it bulges a on one side and not the other. Do you think I notice because I'm looking? Do you think any one else does?

I can hide it a little when I balloon out the shirt, since it hides the contour of the belt.
    Last edited by aedinius; June 7th, 2010 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Broadened topic
    Knowing is half the battle.

VIP Member
    Nobody else is going to notice. Really.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Nobody else is going to notice. Really.
    To most people it will look like any number of things, but if someone asks about it just say its a tumor and its very tender so don't touch it; that'll shut 'em up.

Anyone who notices a slight bulge in your belt already knows that you have a gun...few, if any, will notice.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by aedinius View Post
    but what about the pants around the belt area? I can notice that it bulges a on one side and not the other. Do you think I notice because I'm looking? Do you think any one else does?
    You will notice your own little flaws before anyone else even looks.
    I doubt anybody else will notice. Being overly worried about it may only bring attention to your well-hidden EDC. Don't sweat it.

I carry my G23 in a CTAC with a tucked-in, bloused shirt often enough. Nobody's caught on yet. I've suprised my wife on more than one occasion.....and if ANYONE's gonna notice what I'm wearing/how I'm dressed (and any possible 'flaws') when going 'public'....it's her.

Carry on!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

You could always use a spare magazine carrier (1 or 2 magazines) for IWB carry on the opposite side to "even out" the printing and make it look normal.

If anybody is looking at your butt that closely, they are probably thinking about your other "ahhemm" weapon

Think about it have you ever noticed a bulge or other suspicious lumps on a person's waist. There are lots of people carrying legally and illegally that we interact with everyday and never know it.
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

It's amazing how much people don't pay attention. I was carrying, around our house, with my inlaws there (at the time they didn't know I carried) and I even allowed my shirt to rise up sometimes, so I'm pretty sure the gun would have been exposed and no one noticed a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by aedinius View Post
    With my SuperTuck, I have no problems carrying even a G23 with my shirt tucked in and it not printing. It's even easier with the subcompact G33.

There's no printing on the shirt, but what about the pants around the belt area? I can notice that it bulges a on one side and not the other. Do you think I notice because I'm looking? Do you think any one else does?

I can hide it a little when I balloon out the shirt, since it hides the contour of the belt.
    IMO...you're being too self conscious about it. When it's a part of you, everything will be cool. Then you won't think twice about it. Trust me.

VIP Member
    Generally speaking, people aren’t expecting others’ to be carrying a gun. It’s simply endemic to our culture. The percentage of those scoping each other out for the telltale signs is relatively small. Be it LEO’s or fellow conceal carry folks, we still represent a small segment of our society. Of course exceptions do exist in locales whereby gun laws are more relaxed, but then again, those demographics are accustomed to a higher level of freedom.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Links