Tucker Silent Thunder Slim

This is a discussion on Tucker Silent Thunder Slim within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking for a thin IWB holster that doesn't rub the finish off the gun. I am sure some will say, that's ok. ...

Thread: Tucker Silent Thunder Slim

I have been looking for a thin IWB holster that doesn't rub the finish off the gun. I am sure some will say, that's ok. It's just a tool. But I just can't handle it. I have been checking out the Tucker Silent Thunder line. Seems like the perfect solution to me but here is my question. I am interested in the "slim" version and I carry a 1911 with a commander length slide and officer grip. Tucker's site mentions the Slim works best for 3" 1911's, J Frames, etc. My guess is bigger guns become top heavy. Has anyone had experience with this holster and weapons similar to mine? I would like to hear your observations.

I sent an email request to Tucker but have not heard back yet. I'm sure I will but I am also sure he is very busy.

I cannot reply to your request for information on the "slim" line, but I own 4 Tucker Silent Thunders. Three are IWB and one is OWB. I have a IWB and OWB for a Para .45 LDA CCW which is commander size with a 4.25" barrel. Like many other folks here I have several boxes of holsters of all types that I have bought over the years. Now, I only use the Silent Thunder. The leather lined kydex is quiet and does protect the gun. My Para is Stainless so it's quite heavy and I carry it concealed very well at about 2:30. The other holsters are for a Sig. 232, a Sig 220 and a S&W Airweight. They are well made and the service that I received was outstanding. All holsters were delivered in 30 days or less.
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

Check out Monica Kuehn's Bodhi holster

Quote Originally Posted by Labhunter View Post
    I have been looking for a thin IWB holster that doesn't rub the finish off the gun. I am sure some will say, that's ok. It's just a tool. But I just can't handle it. I have been checking out the Tucker Silent Thunder line. Seems like the perfect solution to me but here is my question. I am interested in the "slim" version and I carry a 1911 with a commander length slide and officer grip.
    I carry a Commander-length 1911 myself, and I recently purchased a "Bodhi" model IWB from Monica Kuehn Leather. I've tried various Kydex and other leather hoslters, but none of them match the quality and comfort of the Bodhi hoslter. Here's what mine looks like:

The holster is stable and secure, and it is actually thinner than the last Kydex holster I used.

The best part? I ordered the holster on May 24th, and it was in my hands on June 7th! That's an amazing turnaround time for custom gunleather. And, the price was excellent.

Good luck with your choice!

Tony

EVERY holster will wear the finish....if you want a pretty gun don't carry it.

I have been checking out the Tucker Silent Thunder line. Seems like the perfect solution to me but here is my question. I am interested in the "slim" version and I carry a 1911 with a commander length slide and officer grip. Tucker's site mentions the Slim works best for 3" 1911's, J Frames, etc. My guess is bigger guns become top heavy. Has anyone had experience with this holster and weapons similar to mine? I would like to hear your observations.
    Rob Longenecker is the guy you should hear from. We have the same discussion on another forum and the key post is this.

My Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry sits in a Silent Thunder with thin clip, It works perfectly for me from 3:00 to 4:30. I'll be getting another for my 442 soon. A great holster and company. All holsters will put wear your gun but your carrying and moving around it's going to.

Sponsor

Tucker didn't respond to email

I sent an email request to Tucker but have not heard back yet. I'm sure I will but I am also sure he is very busy.
    Sorry I missed your email. Most people click "Contact Us" on the website and those emails all look the same in my inbox. They don't show your name or email address. It's easy to miss one.

I suggest you try emailing me at rob@tuckergunleather.com. Or call me at 800-308-6628 (vmail). I do return calls and emails.

Rob

Tucker Silent Thunder

Absolutely one of the best IWB's in the business. Hey Rob I was going to suggest he get in touch withl you direct but you beat me to it.

Clay

Prepare to be impressed with the level of communication you get from Rob...that dude is on top of it. Tucker is lucky to have him.
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

Just got my Silent Thunder Slim for my 1911 today!!!

The quality is excellent!

It took me about 30 min to get it in a position where I didn't have to adjust. With my Beltman Belt the Silent Thunder does not move, even with the weight of a full size.

I'm going to attempt to attach pics...hopefully it works out.

Thanks Rob!!!
    Attached Images

I've got one coming for my Glock 30.I also have a regular one for a 5" 1911.
    They are execellent holsters.

Sponsored Links