Crossbreed supertuck ?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed supertuck ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know I'm probably going to get flamed like crazy for saying this but I'm actualy considering getting one.I think it is the most stupid ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed supertuck ?

Crossbreed supertuck ?

I know I'm probably going to get flamed like crazy for saying this but I'm actualy considering getting one.I think it is the most stupid looking ugliest thing I have ever seen.But I'm carrying a 1911 goverment and I can't find a holster thats even halfway comfortable to wear for very long.I've went down in gunsize and weight,trying to find something comfortable.I have the proverbial drawer full of holsters,so now I am getting desperate.sell me on one.Is it really as comfortable as everybody says?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    I think it is the most stupid looking ugliest thing I have ever seen.
    TRUE!

BUT... it truly is comfortable... I carry a Ruger P345, 4.25" barrell, weighs about 3 pounds full at 8+1 .45ACP. I cary at 3 o'clock, and I forget I have it on. It truely is the most comfortable holster I've tried. It is adjustable for cant, 4 holes on each side, (I am top in fromt, 3rd in back, giving it a forward cant). Soooo comfortable. The adjustment for retention is a bit involved, however, in my case, my wasteband and belt provide plenty of retention. Did I mention how comfortable it is?
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Why would you get flamed? There are a lot of satisfied SuperTuck owners out there. I don't have a SuperTuck, but I do own a MiniTuck. I carry a Kahr PM9 with Crimson Trace and it's hands down my favorite holster. I previously carried in a few different OWB custom holsters and a small of back BladeTech holster.

It's very comfortable for all day wear and it's as thin as a holster can probably be while offering good retention.

Go ahead, get it. I got one for my Glock 19 and about a month later ordered one for my Sig P228. Had that one almost a week. Don't worry about what it looks like. It's gonna be inside your waistband. You truly can not beat the comfort of the CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe! The weight gets distributed well especially with heavy guns like my Sig or your 1911.

I like to carry at about 3 oclock,and I never could adjust to carrying IWB.I have no hips to speak of and have to cinch my belt really tight,so it was very uncomfortable.but I have discoved perry suspenders and that changes the whole picture,I dodn't have to cinch my belt tight at all now,so I'm thinking a supertuck might fit the bill now.They say I have two weeks to try it out so I've got nothing to loose. sj

Quote Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger View Post
    TRUE!

BUT... it truly is comfortable... I carry a Ruger P345, 4.25" barrell, weighs about 3 pounds full at 8+1 .45ACP. I cary at 3 o'clock, and I forget I have it on. It truely is the most comfortable holster I've tried. It is adjustable for cant, 4 holes on each side, (I am top in fromt, 3rd in back, giving it a forward cant). Soooo comfortable. The adjustment for retention is a bit involved, however, in my case, my wasteband and belt provide plenty of retention. Did I mention how comfortable it is?
    Not only is it ugly, it fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. It is however the most comfortable holster I have ever worn and the only reason I can stand wearing a pistol IWB.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I carry a cco sized, all steel 1911 in mine, most comfortable IWB holster I've tried. Who cares what it looks like, it's hidden.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

I carry a Glock 22 with my Crossbreed Super Tuck in horsehide. I bought my without the combat cut, after about a week I made my own cut.
    It might be ugly, but that's OK after all it carries a Glock and ain't nobody going to see it.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Well it sure won't match PureKustom for beauty,but if its that comfortable I' think I will give it a try this payday.Thanks guys. sj

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    Well it sure won't match PureKustom for beauty,but if its that comfortable I' think I will give it a try this payday.Thanks guys. sj

No offense to Rocky or any other holster maker out there but when it comes to comfort there's Crossbreed...and then there's everyone else.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

You'd only get flamed for even debating it. I have two, both are incredibly comfortable. I wear it almost anytime I go out, except when I just need a quick grab n go type thing (or will be putting the weapon on and taking it off often).

In all: The wait and price are worth the quality and comfort. And I love the Kydex "click" when you draw. ;]
    Knowing is half the battle.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    This is too funny for me. I've finally decided that I'm going to get in to one of these and almost posted my questions today. Maybe a poll between mtac and crossbreed and high noon. Thanks for doing the leg work.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

A holster is never comfortable right away. It takes about a week of solid wear and break in to become truly comfortable. Any quality leather holster will conform to your body and the position you are wearing it in over time.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    No offense to Rocky or any other holster maker out there but when it comes to comfort there's Crossbreed...and then there's everyone else.
    I don't agree at all. It's all just leather, leather conforms to you over time. I've tried lots of leather holsters and after break in they are all the same in terms of being comfortable. That's how it's always been for me. It's a personal thing though. I have yet to find a leather holster that attaches to the belt on offset loops that I don't find comfortable.

If anything the two week trial makes it worth it to try a crossbreed just because that's enough time to break it in and decide if it's for you.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

OK...I am sold. It is a crossbreed supertuck for me.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links