Various sized pistol belt clearance at online store for $2.99 ea

This is a discussion on Various sized pistol belt clearance at online store for $2.99 ea within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First, I hope that this doesn't violate any forum rules. If it does, please let me know and/or delete. I have no association with the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Various sized pistol belt clearance at online store for $2.99 ea

cj [OP]

Various sized pistol belt clearance at online store for $2.99 ea

First, I hope that this doesn't violate any forum rules. If it does, please let me know and/or delete. I have no association with the company and have only purchased one or two items in the past from them.

In the past, I've noticed that Graveyardmall.com has been a clearinghouse for occasional 5.11 gear, so I keep a watchlist on them. Today, they had 3 belts come up which are obviously 5.11 belts (although they claim they can't state that in the description). They're all too big for me, and with the insert, I doubt I can just cut one down, but if anyone needs one in the 44-50" range, here's a great price to try them out ($2.99 each, though I'm not sure what shipping is).

They tend to sell out fast (I suspect some buy them out to sell them for a profit.

Tan 44-46": Full Grain Leather Belt With Contrast Stitching: Tan 44-46 inches
    Brown 44-46": Full Grain Leather Belt With Contrast Stitching: Brown 44-46 inches
    Tan 48-50": Full Grain Leather Belt With Contrast Stitching: Tan 48-50 inches

Edited to add: I went back in and searched for 'belt' in the store. It turned up a list of various ranges from 28-54" (but none in my 36-38" range).

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

cj [OP]
    Woah, that's scary (for those who don't read the link, the store has a very poor history of ratings). I looked up my previous orders with them and they did all go smoothly, so please be careful if you try any of these!

I decided to grab some anyway to see what I can do with them. Shipping was a spendy $8.99, so if you do want to give it a shot, grab a few. Odds are, they'll be too big and I'll end up offering them here later.

Thanks for the tip! I found a couple of belts I can use, and they were priced cheaply enough to take a chance on never seeing them. :) However, I've bought from Graveyard Mall before and had no trouble. My shipping charge was $6.99.

Thanks again.

Thanks

I orderd 2. if thay never come it was a 16$ lesson .i have payed more for lessons in the past. and if they come i got a good deal. SO THANKS
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

This looks like the 5.11 belt. I'm wearing one right now, from the last time "graveyardmall" had them.

It's "OK". The leather is not super high quality. It's some kind of bonded leather product. (Think, the difference between ham and "ham and water product".) It is, however, quite stiff.

cj [OP]
    Sorry, I should have mentioned this as well. I've gotten a few 5.11 belts as well (although not as inexpensively as this). They're definitely not as high quality as many of the makers typically recommended around here, but they DO offer a chance to see what a sturdier, stiff belt can do for you. Sort of a gateway drug to getting some good, high-end pistol belts :)

VIP Member
    Well, many of us whom are avid internet users, know this all too well...

“If it sounds too good to be true…”
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

How much of a pain would it be to cut roughly 8 inches off the 44-46 belt?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspyro21 View Post
    How much of a pain would it be to cut roughly 8 inches off the 44-46 belt?

Probably not worth trying. It's not leather, it's two layers of "animal skin derived leather like substance" with what's probably a plastic stiffener sandwiched between. Do-able, and the results might be functional, but wouldn't be pretty.
    Last edited by lee n. field; June 12th, 2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: spel

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Sorry, I should have mentioned this as well. I've gotten a few 5.11 belts as well (although not as inexpensively as this). They're definitely not as high quality as many of the makers typically recommended around here, but they DO offer a chance to see what a sturdier, stiff belt can do for you. Sort of a gateway drug to getting some good, high-end pistol belts :)
    Very well stated. I am wearing the belt in the link...and it does the job, buts its not as sturdy as one would expect.

Administrator
    If you want to cut an overly long belt down that is stitched you can rub/force some 100% clear silicone caulking into the stitches.

Quickly wipe off all the excess.

Let that dry overnight.

Then you can re-cut the belt end and the stitching won't unravel.

Then punch new holes for the buckle.

It works and it's utilitarian but it might not look too fantastic but, much depends on how neat of a job you do.

graveyard mall

Just received my order from them, and yes they are indeed 5.11 tactical FULL GRAIN LEATHER belts. They are actually much nicer than I had expected for the 2.99 each I paid. 2 belts shipped to my door for $12.60. They seem to support my GI Micro with no problem at all. They are indeed stiffer than a regular belt but nothing like a Beltman. Anyways, I had no problems with the order or the shipping. For the record, I have never purchased from Graveyard mall before either. .

yep i ordered a few too. shipping was more than the belts but still came out to around 12. I figure if i saw a single 5.11 belt at a store in my size (el chunko) for 12.00 I would be all over it like myself on cake.

let you know when i get them.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Ill be your Huckleberry

Hey, for $12+ im willing to take a chance.

We will see in a few days.
    Last edited by basher052; June 22nd, 2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: speeeling
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links