Blackhawk????

Blackhawk????

This is a discussion on Blackhawk???? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Blackhawk size 8 yesterday for my little LCP. Love it but it's very hot. The material is a "kinda" felt leather (if ...

Thread: Blackhawk????

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar

Blackhawk????

I bought a Blackhawk size 8 yesterday for my little LCP. Love it but it's very hot. The material is a "kinda" felt leather (if that makes sense). Does any of you know if anyone makes a holster like the Blackhawk (IWB) but made out of the nylon type material? I don't know the names of these material:) Thanks for any input.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

I currently use a IWB Blackhwak #7 for my XD-40SC. It's a great cheap holster to use before getting some nice leather. I think the #7 IWB uses the same material.

It can be a little warm until your hip gets used to it, after a week or two you won't notice it. The larger concern I have is that it's impossible to holster single handed. I can't even practice drawing with it, its not worth the frustration of having to reach around with my left arm to open it back up, over and over. IMO, leather is the way to go, save up some pennies and get one ordered, then use the Blackhawk until it arrives.
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortanis View Post
    IMO, leather is the way to go, save up some pennies and get one ordered, then use the Blackhawk until it arrives.
    Thanks....Yea I know what you're saying but the only reason I like the nylon type IWB, it's thinner and just feels better to me. Don't misunderstand me....I love the leather and I know they are better but again, I like the thinnest of the nylon.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Yeah I can understand that, the nylon holsters I've seen collapse after drawing as well, which is my biggest concern.
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

Links