High Noon stocking item material

High Noon stocking item material

This is a discussion on High Noon stocking item material within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While looking for some holsters that could be delivered quickly, I discovered High Noon has a line of stocking items that pretty much replicates their ...

Thread: High Noon stocking item material

Question High Noon stocking item material

While looking for some holsters that could be delivered quickly, I discovered High Noon has a line of stocking items that pretty much replicates their normal line, except all the items are made from what the call a specially extruded laminate skin, whatever that means. The aren't really the prettiest holsters, lacking the boning and detail of fine leather, but really if people see my holster while I'm cc'ing, I'm doing something wrong. I'm a big believer in function over form for such things.

So, to the point, has anyone bought one of their holsters made of this stuff. How is retention? How well does the material hold up to normal everyday use? Any comfort issues, or the holsters changing the color of clothing? Input is appreciated, as I have use for a couple holsters and need it to be a short weight.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Its a leather holster with a very tough laminate skin on the outside.
    Retention is great, it will be very hard to get the gun in at the begining and will take a self mold in time.

How well does the material hold up to normal everyday use?
    The material will outlive you its that good.

Does the holster change the color of clothing?
    The color will not change or run.

Comfort is no problem as long as you have a good gun belt on.

Here is a review someone did. YouTube - High Noon Skin Tight Holster

Justin

I have one of the High Noon stocking item holsters; it's a forward canted IWB. I bought it because it's tuckable, but don't really use it. They're on the soft and pliable side. I think a thicker, stiff leather holster is more comfortable, but that may just be me. IIRC the muzzle of my G19 clears the leather on the bottom of the holster, and the way the holster is built to be tuckable leaves a little room for the holster to shift around. For the price and speed of delivery it's not a bad deal, but mine is sitting in a drawer.

Went and checked; the muzzle does not stick out. In fact it's back far enough that the outer bottom edge could wrap around it a bit.
    Last edited by WvHiker; June 12th, 2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: correction

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have two of their products, and while not as "pretty" as some, they are good quality and the laminate is tough stuff. My own experience is that they take a little longer to break in but that is no big deal. They all have an adjustable retention screw which is very nice to have. I have not had any issues with bleeding color, etc, and I wear a Slide Guard under a shirt so it is against my skin and it has been very hot here lately so if it was going to bleed, it would have happened by now.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Thanks for the quick replies, I may have to order one or two. I have a couple of guns that need holsters. Anyone know how the swift skin does with a full size steel 1911? I've got a gunbelt made by Nate at UBG, so thats a quality item.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I have a few Mr. Softy's. They all work and wear fine. The retention is what is to be expected, they are very thin, super light, and no color transfer. Re-holstering may take two hands. The bigger one collapses a little bit once the firearm is drawn, not much though, and with a little practice all is well.

Honestly for the price they are hard to beat. I'm very pleased with them.

I would look at the models that have a slidegaurd. If that is important to you....
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Links