CBST With....?

This is a discussion on CBST With....? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been waiting for my CBST to come in and have been wondering others' thoughts on this. I realize that they are comfortable but I visualize ...

Thread: CBST With....?

CBST With....?

Been waiting for my CBST to come in and have been wondering others' thoughts on this. I realize that they are comfortable but I visualize myself wearing a very thin, underwear type, aka "wife beater" as they've been dubbed, tank top under it all that would go between the CB and me. I know this is a lot more comfortable when I go OWB but I was wondering if any here does the same, even with the raved comfort of the CBST. BTW, being hot here in the summer, I prefer to have a lightweight button up shirt that's not tucked in that goes over it all. Thanks for your views in advance!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

That's how I wear it, year round. I usually just wear a t-shirt for a cover shirt, but when I dress-up it's button down mafia type shirts for me. Enjoy your CBST, what are you gonna carry in it? Something neutered I'm sure...
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Right now I'm wearing my CBST with my G30. I do have a tank top between my skin and the leather on the holster. I have the combat cut and I don't like the way the grip feels against my skin. It is hot today in NY.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I believe that the technical term for the 'wife-beater' is an 'a-shirt', which I use rather frequently in the AZ climate. It works for me.

Some times I go without the undershirt, it works well, also. If you do decide to go without anything between you and your CBST, then consider horsehide.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I wear an undershirt as well but not so much because of the leather. I don't care for the feel of metal on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    That's how I wear it, year round. I usually just wear a t-shirt for a cover shirt, but when I dress-up it's button down mafia type shirts for me. Enjoy your CBST, what are you gonna carry in it? Something neutered I'm sure...
    Kimber Ultra CDP II LOL something neutered?

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

All summer a wear the CBST without any undershirt. I got it in horsehide without combat cut. That's what works best (most comfortable) for me.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    I never used to wear undershirts, not i wear one every day, mostly because I sweat like a racehorse.... wifebeaters are best to combat the heat IMHO. (no jokes about Florida please)
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Kimber Ultra CDP II LOL something neutered?
    I was referring to magazine capacity. I get to carry 15 + 1.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Ahh ok. Yeah well maybe neutered but not quite shooting blanks. It's 7 + 1 but when I went to shop for it, I was looking for something nice and thin that would bark loud and bite hard. This should do well in the CBST and I can't wait to get it.

I was disappointed yesterday when I came home from work and looked on my porch. There was a package there and I up'd my pace all exited. The holster was the only thing I was expecting in the mail and....looks about THE RIGHT SIZE PACKAGE!!.....AND.......crap, it's a package for my mother-in-law that was sent to my address. Talk about messed up.

Thanks for the info guys. I've always heard everyone saying how comfortable they are but I still imagined that little added comfort to make it almost seem like it's not even there. Appreciate all the replies.

I very rarely wear any type of undershirt between the holster and my body, as I haven't found the need to. I typically wear untucked t-shirts and just let the shirt hang over the rig. The few times I've worn an undershirt is when I carried the Supertuck with a tucked shirt, when I needed to dress more nicely than I would prefer.

My ST is cow hide with a DIY "combat cut".

-JT

I have a Cross Breed S/T for my M&P 9C....No undershirt needed...

Horesehide and no combat cut....Works like a champ!

Links