Defensive Carry banner

Toilet Holster

9K views 54 replies 42 participants last post by  Spirit51 
#1 ·
This weekend I'm mounting a holster next to my toilet. It's partly out of necessity..... but mostly out of sheer awesomeness.:danceban:

#4 ·
Sorry, no can do here, 5yo running around. Good luck to you though!

And welcome to DC!

#11 ·
Does it mount to the inside of the tank? I have a magazine rack that mounts that way. This, I have to see.

#12 ·
Don't need a gun in the bathroom,I hired armed security to stand outside the door. I also have a pair of level three security dogs hiding in the shower. :rolleyes::rolleyes: If I need a gun in the bathroom,pool, or while I mow my grass,I need to move.

Reactions: wmhawth
#13 ·
To each their own, I guess, but we have at least one gun in every room of the house. Yes, including the bathroom. We carry in the yard while doing yard work or just walking in the woods. If we thought we NEEDED it, we would likely move, but we are in the sticks and PD response time around here is like 10 minutes if you are lucky. We are also in a small house so if someone were to break in, they wouldn't have to go far to get to someone.

We thought about mounting to the toilet using a Predator gun magnet or holster secured to the underside of the tank, but went another direction in our house.

I, also, am curious to see how the mount mentioned here comes out.

Y'all be safe!
Ruffinit

#20 ·
I think some are missing the point. I don't believe the OP's intention is to store a firearm in his bathroom. I think its to solve the age old problem or where to temporarily store your carry piece while in there.

#23 ·
That's how I interpreted it :wave:

#30 ·
I understand that straining a lot can make you sweaty and that is a safety hazard. You can slip off and get seriously hurt :frown: but putting a fan in the bowl to cool you down and stem the sweating is a bad idea and shooting down there can cause even more problems. There's also the electrical issues. Parts that dangle may get fried from the fan shorting out or could get "clipped" a bit by the blades.:gah:

Dude, leave the fan out of this.:yup:

#26 ·

So there it is. :danceban:

I decided to mount the holster on the wall directly opposite the toilet, rather than next to it. I figure I'm standing much more often than I'm sitting (and who waits to unbuckle til after they're already seated?) and there just wasn't a comfortable mounting location next to the actual toilet.... unless I had moved the TP.

So there it is folks, the final solution to man's biggest problem.

#35 ·
and there just wasn't a comfortable mounting location next to the actual toilet.... QUOTE]

Had you thought about mounting a piece of velcro with adhesive to the side of your throne. Stick the adhesived mating piece to the velcro on to the side of a Kydex holster. You could leave the kydex holster in place and it'd be easy to remove should you want to.

:wave:

#27 ·
Honestly, if this is your biggest problem, I envy you. lol

#31 ·
This thread is funny as crap:rofl::danceban:

Looks like that'd come in handy when things turn crappy:tired:

"thinks are lookin' crappy around here,...good thing I'm armed!"

Did anyone else watch the video of this? They have one of these mounted on the CEILING of the car,...with the handguns mounted longways so its CLEARLY visilble when someones next to you,...talk about aking people freak out if they look over:gah:

#29 ·
Boy i'd get the patent on that asap!!!!!

You could call it the Crap-shoot!!:hand5::rofl:

#38 ·
Well I am no more good after reading that.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did you know that you can only use 12 images per response?

#32 ·
This reminds me of a movie:

Capo Pete Clemenza (played by Richard Castellano) tutors Michael in how to do the job and assures him that a gun will be waiting for him behind the toilet in the men's room of the restaurant where he will meet Sollozzo and McCluskey.

This sets up a most famous line:
Sonny: Hey, listen, I want somebody good - and I mean very good - to plant that gun. I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his d&&& in his hands, alright?
Clemenza: The gun'll be there.

I for one would not leave a firearm in the bathroom. It is an area of high humidity.
If your level of preparedness demands it, a can of OC or another weapon may do the job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.