Crossbreed Super Tuck Issues

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Super Tuck Issues within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You need to wear underwear bro......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed Super Tuck Issues

You need to wear underwear bro...

2. Remove Ads

I hope you can get your problem solved as I have one on order for my 1911 full size.I figure if I can wear that I can carry any gun. sj

As others have said, pics will help. I'm wearing mine right now with my Glock 27 and I forget it is there.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    The taurus is small, I carry a much bigger gun (Ruger P-345) comfortably in mine. It sounds like you may be carrying it too far forward. Try 4-5 o'clock. I carry mine between my front and back pocket.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

carried any where from 3-5... no change... the biggest problem id teh bottom part of the leather digging into my leg.

Which holes are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    I hope you can get your problem solved as I have one on order for my 1911 full size.I figure if I can wear that I can carry any gun. sj
    Me too.

I'm using an Ace holster at the moment and it's fairly comfortable. Fairly as in the hammer digs into my fat roll and the barrel gets in the way of reaching into my pocket. It also makes my pants droop at times. I am hoping this relieves these issues. Let us hope my over-the-belt roll flattens out under that holster.
    ‎"When the need for my gun is abated I will lay it down freely, but until that day comes not even Satan himself could pry it from my cold dead hands."

I'm sitting here with my G19 in mine at about 4:30 trying to imagine how the leather could rub the leg.

Are you extremely short and round? That holes do you have the clips in? Just trying to figure out how this is happening. Top of the Kydex on mine is just below the top of my pants and I can't imagine the leather rubbing my leg...unless I was wearing it at 1:00 or 2:00
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Are you trying to appendix carry with it? That is the only way I can imagine the leather of a SuperTuck getting anywhere near your leg. They are not designed for appendix carry. I have two, both in horsehide, no combat cut, one for my Glock G19 and one for my Sig P228 and after a while I don't even notice I'm wearing it (around 3:30). Somethings definitely weird. Maybe some pictures would help.

If it is just the leather digging into your leg it will probably conform to your body soon.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I broke out the box cutter and trimmed mine in the one place that it hit my thigh. I carry at 3:00 and the front edge bothered my thigh, so I trimmed it off and all is well now.

It's hard to judge from pictures, but the belt the OP linked to does not appear stout enough to server as an effective CCW belt.

I carry a SR9 within my Supertuck with a leather gun belt with no problems at all.

-JT

Think I got it guys.... Belt issue.... Put on a generic leather (not even double layed) and its better, I think the biggest problem is getting the belt tight more then anything.... Thanks. I'll see how it goes for a few days... I was positive that it was something I was doing.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RSWORDS View Post
    Think I got it guys.... Belt issue.... Put on a generic leather (not even double layed) and its better, I think the biggest problem is getting the belt tight more then anything.... Thanks. I'll see how it goes for a few days... I was positive that it was something I was doing.
    Glad to hear it.
    If you carry IWB or OWB you will want to use a purpose made "gun" belt. The leather ones can be VERY costly. (Even nylon belts can go for $50) I resisted all advice to get a "gun" belt for months! I really wondered "IF" they were truley worth the price and I just couldn't see the need. (Boy was I ever WRONG!)

(They "ABSOLUTELY" are worth every penny!)

You really have to look at a gun belt (leather or nylon) as a very worthwhile investment. I've been buying them one at a time for both my wife and myself for several months now. (Brown leather, olive nylon, Black Leather, Black nylon, etc) I hope we soon will have three or four "gun" belts each.

Quote Originally Posted by RSWORDS View Post
    Put on a generic leather (not even double layed)
    I think the biggest problem is getting the belt tight more then anything....
    Those two issues are NOT unrelated. A real gunbelt will have the rigidity you need without needing to be ratcheted tight.

Crossbreed themselves sell quite a fine belt at a good price. You might want to look into it. - I have one myself, along with 2 from 5.11, 1 from looper and 3 from the beltman. 5.11 were the cheapest, the beltman's are the nicest, and crossbreeds are somewhere on the better side of in-the-middle. If I were to get by with only one belt, it would be one from the beltman, but the CB would be second choice, and it's a lot cheaper, so I wouldn't fault anybody who chose that as their only belt.
    Heisenberg may have slept here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links