Holster for Dodge pick up

This is a discussion on Holster for Dodge pick up within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Newbie saw a holster that attaches to the seat, anyone have one or knows who makes it. Or how about one that is attached to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster for Dodge pick up

Newbie saw a holster that attaches to the seat, anyone have one or knows who makes it. Or how about one that is attached to the 4 wheel drive shield?

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the DC Forum from Delaware!

Do a search of "vehicle holster" there was a thread about that subject a little while ago.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thanks

Thanks Hyram.

VIP Member
    Yeah, I can't think of any holster big enough to carry a Dodge pick up. A Mini Cooper, maybe....

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Holster for Dodge Pickup!!! Can you walk with that thing strapped to your hip?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Yes

I can, can't you?

Welcome from Virginia.

How about something like this.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CCEQ8wIwAA#
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stella cj View Post
    Newbie saw a holster that attaches to the seat, anyone have one or knows who makes it. Or how about one that is attached to the 4 wheel drive shield?

Thanks.
    I went to either Lowe's or Home Depot (forget which) about a year ago and bought one of those rigid aluminum strips. Then I bent it into a shape that would run from a mounting panel under my dash back to the lip under the steering wheel, then drilled holes in it to accommodate. Then I took an old CompTac Infidel kydex holster (which I never really liked) and mounted it to the strip. Next, I took an old, cheap nylon "one size fits all" holster from the gun show and removed the canvas strips with the velcro hooks on them. Then I took some self-adhesive velcro padding and glued it onto the Infidel. These strips with the snaps ensure a firm retention. It's never even dreamed of moving.

Follow me so far?

I keep my XD Compact mounted right in front of me under the dash. No one inside the truck can see it, including ME, but I know exactly where it is and I can lean forward slightly and have it in my hand within about a second.

I need to take some pics.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stella cj View Post
    I can, can't you?
    You da man!!

If you have a large console box between the seats, you can velcro a holster, knive case and spare mag case to the wall of the console box. I have done this in my truck. I is totally concealed and can be opened and gun drawn in about 1 second.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I need to take some pics.
    Cool idea and I'd like to see some pics.

It is unfortunate that in CA, any of these would be illegal transportation of a concealed, loaded firearm. Our CCW permits allow the weapon(s) to only be concealed on the permitted person. If you need to go into a no-gun zone, you have to have a CA approved container spec. designed for handguns secured and locked in your vehicle to store the gun and ammo...and leaving them loaded in this container is still questionable dep. on ones interpretation of the local and state laws.

The laws here are constantly changing and our rights are constantly under attack from the libs.

I love the varying climates within 1-2 hr. drives...but hate the govnt. for all of their idiotic rules, regs. and opinions.

Sorry for the digression in this thread. I still want to see pics of varying vehicle mounts. There is supposedly a company that builds approved vehicle specific lock boxes...but I can't find the link ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Yeah, I can't think of any holster big enough to carry a Dodge pick up. A Mini Cooper, maybe....

I was thinking it would take an awful big piece of Kydex myself.

But seriously, look around for a good spot and you should be able to mount a nylon one-size holster somewhere with a little imagination and a few sheet metal screws, ALICE clips, zip ties, or velcro.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

So is that what they are calling them now?

Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Try this:

Just screw in a kydex left hand belt holster.
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

My preferred holster for a Dodge Pick Up was handmade in 1941. It's snug fitting, weatherproof and protects the truck.

To move this holster I require a semi truck or two, so I generally find it best to not move this holster. It was made by the Garage Company. With a little general maintenance it will last 100 years or more, which is a lot longer than I care to be alive.

Biker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links