I've tried a few holsters, waiting for some more...

This is a discussion on I've tried a few holsters, waiting for some more... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, A few weeks ago I got a Kimber super carry ultra to use as an edc peice. I had done lots of research on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've tried a few holsters, waiting for some more...

OK, A few weeks ago I got a Kimber super carry ultra to use as an edc peice. I had done lots of research on which holster to buy, and I was able to narrow it down to 4.... That is at least the 4 that got the most praises on the net.

I began searching various classified sections on different boards. I first found the Brommeland Max Con V. When I got that, I was a little dissapointed with it. I was unable to find a comfortable position. When it was comfortable walking around, it would kill me sitting down. I decided I needed a bit more can't.

I placed an order on a TT Gunleather Mike's Special. I'm still waiting on this one...

In the mean time, I found a Milt Sparks VMII and also a Crossbreed Super tuck(still waiting on this).

I just got the Milt Sparks today. Wow, It is much more comfortable than the Brommeland. For the short time that I have worn it, It seems to hug my body better, yet dosn't dig in while standing or sitting in the 4:00 position.

Once the other two holsters come in, I plan on doing a review with pics of each holster.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    You will Love the CBST, make sure you are using a good belt, very important! That could have been the issue with the Brommland.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

I've got a good belt with a kydex inner, so it is nice and stiff. You are absolutely right though, a good belt makes all the difference in the world.

los
    I'm surprised you find the VMII more comfortable than the Max Con-V. The VMII is much thicker because of the leather covered retaining band that's attached around the mouth of the rig. The MC-V is made with thin/light leather and has no added retaining band.

Regardless, the VMII is a great Holster, for sure.

Glad it worked out for you.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

The VMII is thicker than the max con for sure. I am able to deal with the thickness just fine though. I didn't like how the Brommeland was canted, along with sitting lower, causing it to dig into my side. The belt loops are thinner, and not as wide, so it doesn't hold the gun as close to my body.

I will acknowledge that everyone has a different body type, so different styles of holsters are going to be more comfortable for some than others.

Yes, everyone is built different, carries different and nobody but you will know what suits you best.. I found the Mtac by Comptac to be a great holster, I also like my Max Con V. Good luck in your search for the perfect holster. I've got a SUper tuck coming for my PT709. It fits in my Max COn V amazingly, but I don't want to ruin the fit for my Glock. Not completely sold yeton the 709, still in the trial stage.

Sounding like a broken record...Cross Breed Super Tuck is the ticket.
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

Ask 20 people, and get 20 answers...

I have purchased almost 4 dozen holsters from Fist...quick delivery, reasonable prices, quality leather, and true comfort.

HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

For my larger/heavier guns, Glock 30 and DW V-Bob, I use an Occidental Leather IWB Phoenix Stronghold. Very comfortable, disperses the weight of the gun excellent, and makes concealment very easy.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I have a Kimber as well and a few different holsters myself. I have a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, Crossbreed Supertuck, MTac, and an Uncle Mike. The one I like the best is my Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. Most of the time I forget I even have it on. Even while riding my Harley there is no discomfort. The holster doesn't rub or chafe the skin and is completely concealable or can be worn OWB.

Check here if you want to see what Pure Kustom has to offer: www.purekustomholsters.com
    Kimber Custom TLE II, GLOCK 30SF, GLOCK 19C, Walther PK380
    Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro (Greyhound) Holster
    Mega Arms Billet AR-15's
    NRA Member

Holster designs that work very well for some people will not work at all for other people. That is why there are so many different styles and designs out there.

I've carried nearly every day for 40 years, and I've made thousands of holsters for others. About 30% of my orders are for IWB-style holsters, and I receive compliments on the comfort, but I can't stand to wear one myself.

Every holster design involves compromises among the four factors of comfort, accessibility, security, and concealability. Only the user can decide which factors are most important for his needs and how much he is willing to compromise on the other factors. Frequently, this will require trying several different styles and designs before deciding which one is best for you.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmemmert View Post
    I first found the Brommeland Max Con V. When I got that, I was a little dissapointed with it. I was unable to find a comfortable position. When it was comfortable walking around, it would kill me sitting down.
    I bought a Brommeland a couple of years ago, then sold it on here. I hated the cant angle and I also didn't like the fact that the entire outside was smooth, slick leather and had no grip to keep it in place. Unless it was in that perfect "sweet spot," which on me was around 5:30, it was awkward. I usually carry from the 3:00 to 4:30 positions.

So overall, I wasn't that impressed.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Just for the record, I sold that Brommeland on here a couple of years ago and I just sold the Sparks VMII for my Colt Defender on here this week. I plan to get a High Noon for the Defender and also one for whatever replaces the Taurus PT145 (soon, hopefully).

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Just for the record, I sold that Brommeland on here a couple of years ago and I just sold the Sparks VMII for my Colt Defender on here this week. I plan to get a High Noon for the Defender and also one for whatever replaces the Taurus PT145 (soon, hopefully).

I'm the one that bought your VMII. Goes to show that what works for one won't always work for another

Quote Originally Posted by jmemmert View Post
    I'm the one that bought your VMII. Goes to show that what works for one won't always work for another
    Hehe! I totally didn't put that together! I guess I didn't pay attention to your user name.

-miklcolt45

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links