Good Non-Tactical looking pants and belts

This is a discussion on Good Non-Tactical looking pants and belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for both cargo shorts as well as business casual pants. Also need a good not super-expensive belt that doesn't look tactical. Anyone have good ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Non-Tactical looking pants and belts

Good Non-Tactical looking pants and belts

Looking for both cargo shorts as well as business casual pants. Also need a good not super-expensive belt that doesn't look tactical. Anyone have good experiences with either as far as brands?

I am having a REALLY hard time not printing when wearing IWB in my Desantis Tuck This II at 3, 4, 5 and 6 o'clock. Can't seem to find a good spot where the gun isn't poking outwards. Maybe its my ghetto-booty?

Is it true that you order these pants in 1-size larger than you normally wear?

So far, the only luck I've had without printing is by going pocket with my Desantis Nemesis which is fine but not ideal.

FYI - gun is Kahr CW9...I guess I could go down to a PM9 or Ruger LCP but kind of like the size of the CW9 as it is just right for my hands.

Oh and I am 5'7" at 275...so yeah I am husky.

2. Remove Ads

Talking

Lands End is having a sale on their casual comfort pants and shorts you might want to look on their web page. The waist has a stretch area that allows for some give. Have you tried the appendix carry posistion ? Good luck.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

los
    My second oldest son, 20 now, is 6'2" and hits the scale at 260. He buys most of his cargo shorts and belts and such at Kohls. Great prices, too.

Beall's carries casual attire that fits him well also.

Look at the "Smartcarry" as a carry option.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

These pants work for me:

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I don't know how "tactical" they are, but I just discovered Wrangler Hero Cargo pants at WW for 15.99. Front pockets work well for the 642 in my pocket concealment systems leather holster or my nemesis. No grip peeking out. belt loops are in the right spots for IWB also. plus two roomy cargo pockets for your carry sundries.
    Inexpensive, comfortable and discrete. good luck

1. Appendix Carry - doesn't seem to work well for me. It is very concealed while standing but I really can't sit with my gun there...the rear of the slide pokes my stomach and it is just plain too uncomfortable. I am ok with some discomfort but not crazy discomfort to carry a gun.

2. I think my main question is if any of those special pants from 5.11 and Blackhawk are designed in a way to make IWB easier and the gun more concealed. Right now, the gun in IWB usually pulls down on my pants to the point where I feel like someone is tugging my pants off.

Quote Originally Posted by bpang1 View Post
    1. Appendix Carry - doesn't seem to work well for me. It is very concealed while standing but I really can't sit with my gun there...the rear of the slide pokes my stomach and it is just plain too uncomfortable. I am ok with some discomfort but not crazy discomfort to carry a gun.

2. I think my main question is if any of those special pants from 5.11 and Blackhawk are designed in a way to make IWB easier and the gun more concealed. Right now, the gun in IWB usually pulls down on my pants to the point where I feel like someone is tugging my pants off.
    Sounds like you need a good gun belt. CrossBreed and Beltman belts have good reputations.

For a decent price, although ugly, you can get an Instructor's Belt like Uncle Mike's

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

los
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    ...For a decent price, although ugly, you can get an Instructor's Belt like Uncle Mike's

Hold your horses, there Z.

The Wilderness Belt is not ugly..!! It may lack elegance or refinement, perhaps a little homely, but not full blown ugly. ..

I love my little black Wildy Belt....
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I think I need something one step up from that belt in terms of looking nice but not a super fancy one.

If you get pants from 5.11, they are going to look tactical. You said that you wanted to avoid that. They are great pants, very rugged and comfortable. If you get the right size, IWB is comfortable in them.

I have several pair, but I only wear them to LE training classes and range sessions. Many LE agencies dedicate 5.11 pants for training.

If you want a less tactical look, but maybe more of an outdoorsman look, you may wanna try Cabela's. They have a large variety.

Good luck.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Thanks...I think the cargo shorts from 5.11 are fine for my offdays...it is the work days that I am most perplexed about.

Can't really wear any kind of cargo pants for my line of work (high level sales more or less...Business Casual dress mostly).

Try these
    I do everything the voices in my wife's head tell me to do!

Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try!

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Once Bitten View Post
    Try these
    Those look nice. I think I could use a couple pairs. Thanks for the link.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

They sure are proud of that carry pocket at $89.95 LOL Think I will stick with IWB carry and my jeans with elastic on each hip area for expansion when carrying. Blair.com has them for less than $20.

http://www.blair.com/catalog/product...CategoryId=213

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Flight View Post
    They sure are proud of that carry pocket at $89.95 LOL Think I will stick with IWB carry and my jeans with elastic on each hip area for expansion when carrying. Blair.com has them for less than $20.

Scandia Woods Side-Elastic Jeans - Blair
    I haven't worn elastic pants since I got out of diapers and I'm not about to start now.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links