glock 26 holster and belt help

This is a discussion on glock 26 holster and belt help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hello all im lookin for some advice on a nice iwb holster for my g26 and also a belt, ca i get a nice leather ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glock 26 holster and belt help

hello all im lookin for some advice on a nice iwb holster for my g26 and also a belt, ca i get a nice leather belt at a western store or walmart and such i dont have a $100 to spend on the belt. i currently have a minotaur spartan holster that i like ok but cant find a good spot to position it any advice or help is great thankyou.

super tuck

Check out crossbreedholsters.com and look at their supertuck deluxe. A lot of people find it very ugly but comfortable. I just ordered one and it is custom fit to include the CT laserguard I have installed on my Glock 26. You might also take a look at Kangaroo shoulder holster if you want deep concealment. They are good to work with and the holster is not expensive. It does a very good job of concealing but takes practice to draw from Kangaroo Concealed Carry
    Look on youtube.com for some video reviews of these and other holsters. There is more information out there than the human body can be conditioned to withstand.

thanks so much for the reply i have a minotaur spartan which is a $10 cheaper mtac is the crossbreed realy that much better than the mtac

Quote Originally Posted by joedodge View Post
    thanks so much for the reply i have a minotaur spartan which is a $10 cheaper mtac is the crossbreed realy that much better than the mtac
    No it is not. It is basically the same holster.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

thats what i thought and honestly i dont think the hybrids are for me anyone have any recomendations

What position are you carrying? Have you played with the depth and cant? I have a hybrid holster for a g26, 3:30-4:00 seems comfortable and concealable.

If you give up on the hybrid, I'd look at the Mr. Softy from High Noon Holster. For 30 bucks it's a great deal.

i carry right around the 3 to 4 oclock depending if im driving its not terrible but not the most comfortable i think my belt is part of my problem but does a belt realy help that much in making it comfortable. i have a mr. softy for my j frame and love it i may try one for my glock

I use an Mtac with my Glocks, carry around 4 o'clock,, Everyone needs to experiment and see what position works best for them.

Quote Originally Posted by joedodge View Post
    ...i think my belt is part of my problem but does a belt realy help that much in making it comfortable.
    Yes it does. A good "gun belt" is very important. I have a wilderness instructor 5-stitch and 5.11 casual. I like the wilderness for everyday. Mostly because you can adjust it to exactly how tight you need it.

The hybrids are very comfortable. MTAC and CrossBreed are both excellent. But if they are not for you, then you may want to consider a Milt Sparks VM II. They are all leather with a metal band to keep the mouth open. Very comfortable, but a little expensive. I believe they were $105 the last time that I checked.

As far as the belt goes, you do need one that will support the weight of a firearm. I bought a Boston Leather belt from a PD buff store about 7 years ago. It is 1 3/4" and has held up great. I think that I can easily get several more years of good use out of it as long as I don't outgrow it. I wear it almost everyday. I think that it was in the ballpark of $40-50.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I carry a G26

I wear a summer comfort IWB holster throughout the year and have no complaints.

I have a looper law enforcement holster belt, its super thick and gets the job done at a reasonable price.

I have 3 of his select grade holsters for G27, G23 and 1911. Very comfortable, very thin (important with a Glock) and they stay open after the draw. You can wear it all day including driving. Great stitching and edge finishing.

AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

thanks for all the help everyone im lookin hard for a belt that i like and possibly a new holster

Looper Reinforced Holster Belt

45 bucks works great and stiff as heck.

Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Looper Reinforced Holster Belt

45 bucks works great and stiff as heck.
    I have four Looper Leather belt...they work very well.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links