Crossbreed QwikClip

Crossbreed QwikClip

This is a discussion on Crossbreed QwikClip within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello Everyone, i know there are some threads out there asking somewhat the same question as me. So don't flame me plzzz i'm new :) ...

Thread: Crossbreed QwikClip

Question Crossbreed QwikClip

Hello Everyone, i know there are some threads out there asking somewhat the same question as me. So don't flame me plzzz i'm new :)

I have a Taurus 709 Slim and was thinking of buying my first holster, i came across the QwikClip from Crossbreed and sounds like the perfect holster i want. My question is does anyone have it with their 709 like i want to? If so can you post some pictures and how you feel with it.

If you don't have it with a 709 can you tell me a bit if its comfortable to carry and to sit with?

Thanks alot guys!

Frank

I find that the supertuck is too much leather for me. I carry most of my CCW's (G27, Sig229, 1911's) in the Quickclip. Works great, NO complaints.

12 Gauge
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

My wife has a qwik clip. She likes it...however, she does not wear 1.5" belts. The clip on this holster is a bit bulky and works best with a hefty belt. No complaints about the holster....but a different clip (which can be replaced) may be in order if you don't wear a 1.5" belt. I really like my supertuck...I can wear it with or without a belt, depending on the pants. Either way they are great products.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    I have a Quickclip and use it for both my XD9sc and XD40 service. Very comfortable!
    NRA Life Member

I have the QwikClip for G26,36 but it holds my G30 much more snugly. The holster relies on the belt/waistband tension to secure the smaller Glocks. I do not find it particularly comfortable and, since it is a single belt clip, the weapon tends to droop below the belt and the clip rides up above the belt. I bought the QwikClip as I felt the Supertuck was too large, but I think the Supertuck would be a better choice for retention and comfort. Look at some pix of folks with the Supertuck; it's not as big as I thought.

Good holster, good company; just not for me.

I used to carry my 709 in a quik clip. It worked decent with my 1 1/4 galco cop belt. It worked a LOT better with my super ehavy 1 1/2 Carl Collins belt. It was however not as comfortable as my super tuck is with my Glock 26. That being said I would reccomend the supertuck over the quik clip or if you prefer something with a bit less leather go with the mini tuck.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I would go with the MiniTuck for the Taurus PT709 Slim. It's smaller than the SuperTuck and would go well with the PT709's size. I have a MiniTuck for my PM9 and it's a fantastic holder. I did own a MicroClip (1 clip) for my MK9, but I found that the single clip shifted a little more than I would have liked.

Links