"Man-Purses"?

This is a discussion on "Man-Purses"? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GunGeezer It's a "Murse"! (good one)...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Man-Purses"?

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    It's a "Murse"!
    (good one)
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No thanks. Might as well stamp "GUN" on your forehead. I'll leave the "purse" to the wife.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No thanks. Might as well stamp "GUN" on your forehead.
    Looks a little like a portable SWAT team on your waist. But if your comfortable with it, do it.

OMO

bosco

Plus by the time you turn, unzip and pull out your gun.... it might be too late....
    I like: reach, pull out and bang.

It kinda does scream out MUG ME like a fanny pack...
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No thanks. Might as well stamp "GUN" on your forehead. I'll leave the "purse" to the wife.
    yup i agree! here in tx, if you have a maxpedition, fanny pack, conceal carry vest, camo hat with infidel shirt..... you are packing! oh by the way....i have all of them.
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

Carry the fatboy "s" type everyday and love it I did add a few more pouches for certain things.
    http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1277935650 pick

They look like a good idea for hiking around Arizona. I'd take the name tag off to make things a bit less obvious...and would also consider using a fanny pack with my wallet, etc to distract attention away from an IWB holster. The safepacker with a cell phone/headphones attached might also work...particularly if visiting one of the stores that don't allow guns.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I regularly use a Safepacker, to tote a P229. If the Safepacker is not attached to my belt, I will have another handgun on me, concealed by clothing. Actually, even if the Safepacker is on my belt, I still usually have another weapon concealed elsewhere on my body. A Safepacker is an excellent way to carry a service/duty-sized weapon in extremely hot weather.

I believe a Safepacker to look far less "gunny" than waist-pack rigs and those militant-looking things from Maxpedition. I have carried mine right past security at numerous places where handguns are not allowed. (I carry by the rules of my LEO status, not the handgun licensing laws.) I reckon the bigger the size of Safepacker, the more gunny it might look.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    The only man purse I will ever use is a fannypack and that's final. And even then, I only use it rarely with certain attire, such as PT gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post
    I regularly use a Safepacker, to tote a P229. If the Safepacker is not attached to my belt, I will have another handgun on me, concealed by clothing. Actually, even if the Safepacker is on my belt, I still usually have another weapon concealed elsewhere on my body. A Safepacker is an excellent way to carry a service/duty-sized weapon in extremely hot weather.

I believe a Safepacker to look far less "gunny" than waist-pack rigs and those militant-looking things from Maxpedition. I have carried mine right past security at numerous places where handguns are not allowed. (I carry by the rules of my LEO status, not the handgun licensing laws.) I reckon the bigger the size of Safepacker, the more gunny it might look.
    Seems to me it would look like you were carrying a huge CD player on your belt. I guess it would look ok if it were in hand.
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Butch it up a little.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I use a Maxoedition Jumbo for a diaper bag. No way was I going to carry around some Winny the Poo backpack or something. I got mine for my weak side and I don't normally use it to carry. If I do it's only an extra BUG. Primary stays on me.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Wouldn't carry that way, far too unsecure and snatchable.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

What would Gunny think?

I can't find the mag but the one I saw recently that said it was for AR mags, water, your pistol and such. I supposed it was for a survival situation. I have a fanny pack-the first time I went up to Branson MO. I made my wife and mother get fanny packs and leave their purses at home. Also my first pistol was a Beretta model 96 in .40. That sucker is bigger than a colt .45 and on me is hard to carry concealed.
    I think it depends on the situation. As a diabetic, when I go hiking or doing some work on the deer lease, it might be a good way to carry a gun, some water, maybe a candy bar or two and a sandwhich, or any meds I might need during the day, and anything as far as a med kit for any injuries or emergencies. For that it might be a good idea.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links