Concealed Carry Vests - Page 2

Concealed Carry Vests

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Vests within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Coronado Leather makes ultra high quality leather concealment vests, jackets, and bags. I bought one 12 years ago and it still looks like new. Offers ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry Vests

Coronado Leather makes ultra high quality leather concealment vests, jackets, and bags. I bought one 12 years ago and it still looks like new. Offers an outstanding concealed carry vest but beware! - the price represents the quality which is high!
    Coronado Leather, makers of handcrafted, concealment leatherwear for law enforcement and those interested in high quality leather jackets, handbags and carrycases for firearm concealment
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Quote Originally Posted by cz2075bd View Post
    Fleece vests are sort of in/hip in spring and fall, but anything else--if you're not obviously going fishing--is a "shoot me first" vest.
    Agreed. I can spot these people from a mile away and I know they're carrying every single time.

VIP Member
    I got mine from Banana Republic. It is a photog vest and really well made. I have had it for several years and I don't know if they still make it, but I never use it unless I am toting a couple of Nikon DSLRs with a bunch of lenses and other gear. It is the easiest way to carry a bunch of weight and keep the items at hand.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I really like a vest, when the weather's cooler.

I use a Carhartt like this one:

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    I don't use them to carry the handgun in, just to cover it... here's a few I have:

Orvis

Also Orvis

Woolrich

Sig-Tac
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

You're better off just wearing a cover shirt. The vest is useless for pocket carry of a gun...it just flops around.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There's no way I'd be caught dead in one of those, or any sort of tactical type gear out in public. Not to mention it's humid here in VA and you'd look pretty stupid wearing one when it's 95 degrees outside.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I don't use them to carry the handgun in, just to cover it... here's a few I have:

Orvis

Also Orvis

Woolrich

Sig-Tac
    I have a photgrapher's vest too that I bought in Aqaba, Jordan in 1999 but it is only for covering the gun in a belt mounted holster. I also bought and own a black leather vest from Coronado which have pockts that I can store my carry pistol, spare mag, cellphone, and tactical light. Because they are uncomfortable to wear in humid weather, I wear them only in the fall and spring climate.

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I really like a vest, when the weather's cooler.

I use a Carhartt like this one:

+1 on the Carhartt.
    " In theory, reality and theory are the same. In reality, they are not."

GLOCK G23, KAHR CW9, RUGER LCP, TAURUS PT92, TAURUS 689, MOSSY 500

NRA member

Guys... gun people always look for "tells" to see if someone is packing a gun. It's part of our learned and heightened survival and preparedness instincts. But most people have no clue. Vests generally mean tourists, especially in Tourist Towns. Wear one with white socks and black sandals and pack a pair of .45 autos and nobody would look twice, much less think you were gunner.
    Vests are a tried and true method of concealment, but in no way scream "GUN HERE!"
    you are giving way too much credit to the Bad Guys and general public. Most wouldn't notice a discreet open carry, much less an outer garment to cover a weapon. And Yes, I have used them. Generally with a t-shirt underneath, and as far as I know, was never ID'd as a gunner. It works fine. Maybe not the top of the fashion pole right now, but Bananna Republic fashion will come back around. In the mean time, a Bahama-style square cut shirt, un-buttoned, over a t-shirt will get you to the same place...and with a little more current style.

I'm sort of mixed on the vest subject. In a way I think they are good to cover during warmer weather (with a light vest), but in the same token, they are not very fashionable. Not "my" style anyhow. I'd rather have a long sleeve "light" overshirt or jacket on. Something like a canvas shirt over a t-shirt, and leave it unbuttoned.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I'm not a vest guy, but i was watching a show a few weeks ago where they were talking about the IPad. The guy put an Ipad in an inside pocket and it did not show at all, plus the vest did not pull to one side.

I could care less for the Ipad, but immediately thought that could be good for concealed carry! Many pockets for extra mags, knives, etc...

A little pricey, but this does not have the tactical look to it.
    For a vest wearer, this may be a good alternative.

Travel Vest from SCOTTEVEST/SeV - Men's Travel Vest with Hidden Pockets ? Our Best Travel Vest also works as a Photographers Vest with many Vest Pockets and a Gadget Vest - Men's Black Vest - Multi-Pocket Travel Vest - 22 Pocket Travel Vest - Cloth

Scottevest is The Newest iPad Fad! | Best | BEST AND WORST

I was thinking vest & Versapack carry because most of the time I am dress in "Dress Casual".

Polo short sleve shirts + Docker type pants in warm weather.

Dress Shirt + Fleece & Docker type pants Spring, Fall & Winter.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
    (Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

There really not functionally for anything other then a pocket pistol. End of Story!

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    hawaiin shirt...loose t...columbia type fishing shirt (cape back)...around here that stuff just blends into the crowd...along with fanny packs..cargo shorts and any vest you want to wear...when the crowd is as diverse as the florida crowd is you can get away with wearing anything....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links