florida carry rigs

This is a discussion on florida carry rigs within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I wear my supertuck now days I don't even bother with the wife beater anymore. I was really amazed by the leather against bare ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: florida carry rigs

When I wear my supertuck now days I don't even bother with the wife beater anymore. I was really amazed by the leather against bare skin isn't uncomfortable for me in the least bit.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Hey, I live in Tallahassee and I know what you are saying.

Try what I do and it might save you some money.

Use your current Mtac as an OWB holster. Instead of tucking it inside your waistband simply run your belt through the two clips and stap it down OWB. The belt will be on the outside of the kydex slide portion and give retention.

If you have a good sturdy gun belt, as I do, it will be very secure and comfortable.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale area and I'm carrying my commander 1911 in a Pure Kustom holster with a Beltman Shark belt in shorts and t-shirt. Nothing special, no undershirt (wifebeater etc) and it's fine. I don't have any issues.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Cool

Coolmax t-shirt under a Tommy Bahama or 5.11 short sleeve with the Glock 23 in a HighNoon Public Secret in the appendix posistion and cotton shorts. Because I wear polyester and kelvar when I am working anything is cooler.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Coolmax t-shirt under a Tommy Bahama or 5.11 short sleeve with the Glock 23 in a HighNoon Public Secret in the appendix posistion and cotton shorts. Because I wear polyester and kelvar when I am working anything is cooler.
    Thought that was your duty uniform..... If it were, id work there too
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Florida Carry

2 options:
    1. IWB holster. I have a uncle Mike made out of cordura nylon. It covers the safety and hammer. I wear it at 3:300, no undershirt.
    2, Uncle Mike pocket holster. I wear shorts most of the time and its the most comfortable way for me to carry. Carried this way for 20 years.
    There are many holsters to choose from. bring your gun to Shoot Straight (in Tampa) They will help you choose a comfortable holster, as they have a big selection. You can "try on" different ones.
    Gun is a stainless Colt Mustang. Gotta go with whats comfortable to carry here in the heat, and something you have engough marksmanship confidance in to hit what you are shooting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    For the record I love Tommy Bahama stuff. To be honest they make perfect concealed carry shirts because they have a lot going on. Nobody's attention is drawn to your hip.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Once it hits 105+, it's just hot, hot, hot. Doesn't matter what you do or how you dress, it's still H-O-T

I just roll with an a-shirt, aka 'wifebeater', and a SuperTuck, year round.

Actually, sometimes a more loose undershirt is cooler... YMMV.

Another option, one that I have yet to try, is the SmartCarry
    +1

Gotta love CrossBreed!!!
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

South Florida here. I have recently become very fond of pocket carry my M&P 40 compact in cargo shorts. During the week I am wear button down shirts untucked and a OWB holster. Either that or ankle carry.

Look into the Glock combat/sport holster. Factory Glock for $15(!), I just ordered one today for my G26+22 after seeing a lot of positive feedback. It's suppose to ride high and tight with great retention.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Of course, there's always Don Johnson's favorite carry rig.........

I know, I know......I couldn't help it
    Attached Images
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Currently trying a Alessi ‘Deep Concealment’ mounted in between my belt and pants waistband. This eliminates any direct skin contact and associated sweating. This conceals quite well as the belt is on the outside pulling the gun into your soft tissue vs. and an OWB holster that extends outward from the belt with no compression. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I live in Central Fl. When nothing else works, my Ruger LCP can always go into a pocket in my Nemisis pocket holster. However, I prefer larger guns. typical summer carry is a Glock 36 or 27 in an M-Tac IWB holster, wife beater covered by a button down shirt one size larger. When it's not so hot, I carry a FNH 9 or Ruger p345 in a Crossbreed Supertuck.

To me, the Crossbreed is Superior in the comfort zone!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joedodge View Post
    hello all i live in st. pete fl. its 95 degrees and 90%humidity this time of the year. i try to carry my mtac and my g26 but its so damn hot out. its unbearable to have it in my pants lol. my j frame in a high noon mr softy appendix carry is quite comfy and my p32 pocket carry is amazing. what is everyone else doing in your scorching hot areas.
    Carry OWB, behind the hip. Get some loud Hawaiian shirts, test 'em out around the house, and head on out there. It's concealed carry...don't let over-analysis and a little humidity slow you down. It's hot, steamy, and OILY up here along the Panhandle coast.

Pm9 in a fist kydex #1 or alessi talon plus for iwb. Kydex gets a little rough on the skin, but no problems for short trips. Alessi for all day carry. #5 kydex pocket holster in cargo shorts is my favorite setup.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links