Best pocket Holster for Beretta 950

This is a discussion on Best pocket Holster for Beretta 950 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a good pocket holster for my 950. Anyone have any suggestions?...

I'm looking for a good pocket holster for my 950. Anyone have any suggestions?

Pocket holster

I have a wallet holster made for the 950 that I will sell you for $50.I paid over a $100 for it.I can do pics and give you more info later.We are leaving to go out for dinner.Thanks
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I do not carry my 950 Minx.
    I keep it stashed for a 'round the house weapon,or a grab and go weapon. It fits perfectly in the $14 Uncle Mikes SideKick(size10) with belt loops and snap strap or the very small,very cheap,Gunmate(unknown #). I believe my Minx(.22 Short) is the same size as your 950 but(caution) it could be smaller.

It would be very easy to take the straps and belt loops off the Uncle Mikes holster.--------

950 holster

The holster I have is a Galco Wal210B you can fire your gun from within the holster.You also may want to check laws of haveing and useing this holster.
    Attached Images
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Sam Andrews at www.andrewsleather.com makes a superb, reasonably priced Pocket Holster. I carry a 3" 1911 in mine.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force
    The holster I have is a Galco Wal210B you can fire your gun from within the holster.You also may want to check laws of haveing and useing this holster.
    Nice, but I was told their illegal here.

Be careful!!
    The wallet holster was classified as an NFA Class III AOW by BATF in the late 90s if accompanied by the firearm. Galco and everyone else discontinued production at that time. The wording is something to the effect of any item designed for carry that hides or conceals the shape of a firearm and permits the firearm to be fired while contained within.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

You might want to talk with Mark Garrity... www.garritysgunleather.com

His pocket holster looks like one of the best designs that I have ever seen. I was thinking about getting one for my 638. It is the only design that I have seen which is totally smooth on the outside. Many others are somewhat molded to the gun. Isn't the idea of a pocket holster to hide the shape of the gun? On Mark's "Sneaky Pete" pocket holster, the inside is lightly molded but the outside is completely smooth.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Beprepared
    You might want to talk with Mark Garrity... www.garritysgunleather.com

His pocket holster looks like one of the best designs that I have ever seen. I was thinking about getting one for my 638. It is the only design that I have seen which is totally smooth on the outside. Many others are somewhat molded to the gun. Isn't the idea of a pocket holster to hide the shape of the gun? On Mark's "Sneaky Pete" pocket holster, the inside is lightly molded but the outside is completely smooth.

Nick
    Very nice, that just might do the trick for me...Thanks!

BEPrepared,
    Thanks for the plug! I hate to post and toot my own horn here.
    If you look at some of my other work you can tell I pride myself on my detail molding, but I swallowed my pride on my pocket holster design in favor of something that works - a smooth, stiff unmolded piece of horsehide on the outside that breaks up the guns outline and shape. The cow-hide inside piece is molded just enough to give some retention to keep the gun from falling out when you don't want it to.
    Thanks again...
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

VIP Member

Yes, nice stuff too

Quote Originally Posted by tegemu
    Sam Andrews at www.andrewsleather.com makes a superb, reasonably priced Pocket Holster. I carry a 3" 1911 in mine.
    I have a new pocket holster from this fellow. Very comfortable, and fits my gun very very well.

I just got back from travelling thru 4 states and 1200 miles. My wife (who is ambivalent about my carrying) never knew I had a gun in my pocket. She thought I had stuffed my pocket with handkerchiefs and some medical stuff I carry.

Do expect a longish turn around time from order to delivery.

The above said, I also have an el-cheapo Uncle Mikes. It does not prevent printing as well as the Andrews holster but it is also a tad easier to draw from. Partly, this is due to the fact that the leather hasn't yet worn and softened up so the gun just sticks in a tad. It won't take long to wear it in.

Links