My new super tuck

This is a discussion on My new super tuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mine is set second hole from the bottom, I combat cut it myself, I wear it everyday with a G-19. I'm 6ft and 190lb and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new super tuck

Mine is set second hole from the bottom, I combat cut it myself, I wear it everyday with a G-19. I'm 6ft and 190lb and wear it at 2:30 -3:00
    Super comfortable for me even sitting in the truck. Try a few more positions but it may not be the one for you. Good luck
    Glock Driver

2. Remove Ads

mine third hold from bottom front and second hole from bottom rear

Don't give up man! All kinds of adjustments on the clips and positions around your waist. Try them all...something might work!

Also...I am not sure about the profile of a 1911 versus a G19 but you might be able to work the kydex yourself. I remolded a CBST that was purchased for a Taurus to work with my LCR...granted it wasn't a huge leap but you can really mold kydex easily using just a hair dryer.

Good luck!
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rickmn50 View Post
    Don't give up man! All kinds of adjustments on the clips and positions around your waist. Try them all...something might work!

Also...I am not sure about the profile of a 1911 versus a G19 but you might be able to work the kydex yourself. I remolded a CBST that was purchased for a Taurus to work with my LCR...granted it wasn't a huge leap but you can really mold kydex easily using just a hair dryer.

Good luck!
    quick question, (sorry to hijack thread), but what did you wear on your hand once you heated up the kydex? I want more retention. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts View Post
    quick question, (sorry to hijack thread), but what did you wear on your hand once you heated up the kydex? I want more retention. Thanks
    I actually used my mechanics gloves. They are great with hot stuff (hot oil, etc). I know the Kholster website suggests just using a hand towel. A cheap pair Jersey gloves should work too.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rickmn50 View Post
    I actually used my mechanics gloves. They are great with hot stuff (hot oil, etc). I know the Kholster website suggests just using a hand towel. A cheap pair Jersey gloves should work too.
    Thank you. Wonder if my wifes thick dishwashing rubber gloves will work too. Not sure exactly how hot we are talking bout here.

I didn't want to try and do the reforming as I've never tried that before.I just sent in the extra money and let them do it.sj

Did you get the info sheet from CB? i had to adjust the retention also.
    This is from the Cb retention sheet.
    It's fairly easy to adjust the retention to your liking. With the gun IN the holster, UNLOADED OF COARSE remove the clips if they are removeable, if not, cover them with a damp, cool rag.

Now cover ALL THE REST of the Kydex and leather with a second cool, damp rag. Leave only the indentation for the trigger guard and area immediately around it exposed. you may want to work with the ejection port as well.

Take a hair dryer and slowly heat the trigger guard area,( or ejection port) you will see it soften and Lift after a couple of minutes or so. Now just press the trigger indent back into the trigger guard making it shallower or deeper to alter the retention to suit yourself.

Obviously you need gloves for this. If the Kydex get to looking wet or shiney STOP, you have it to hot and it's about to melt. Let it cool and try again. Or you can send it in to them and they will do it for you.
    Glock Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter3 View Post
    Did you get the info sheet from CB? i had to adjust the retention also.
    This is from the Cb retention sheet.
    It's fairly easy to adjust the retention to your liking. With the gun IN the holster, UNLOADED OF COARSE remove the clips if they are removeable, if not, cover them with a damp, cool rag.

Now cover ALL THE REST of the Kydex and leather with a second cool, damp rag. Leave only the indentation for the trigger guard and area immediately around it exposed. you may want to work with the ejection port as well.

Take a hair dryer and slowly heat the trigger guard area,( or ejection port) you will see it soften and Lift after a couple of minutes or so. Now just press the trigger indent back into the trigger guard making it shallower or deeper to alter the retention to suit yourself.

Obviously you need gloves for this. If the Kydex get to looking wet or shiney STOP, you have it to hot and it's about to melt. Let it cool and try again. Or you can send it in to them and they will do it for you.
    Yeah, I got that and read it. Just wanted some advice or tips from those who have done it. Thanks!

Thank you. Wonder if my wifes thick dishwashing rubber gloves will work too. Not sure exactly how hot we are talking bout here.
    I'd go with leather gloves. I think we're talking several hundred degrees here. Hot dishwater is only like 150-ish?

Quote Originally Posted by 68Mustang View Post
    I'd go with leather gloves. I think we're talking several hundred degrees here. Hot dishwater is only like 150-ish?
    LOL, guys like me shouldnt complain when I burn the crap out of my fingers

Since you have a cool damp towel around most of the kydex i just used another part of the damp towel to push the kydex into the trigger guard. It's really hard to screw it up.
    Glock Driver

LOL, guys like me shouldnt complain when I burn the crap out of my fingers
    Women love scars. Stupid or not it just proves we are men! Oh crap...I just cut myself!

Rick

mine third hole from bottom front and second hole from bottom rear
    That is exactly what I found works best for me as well for both of my SuperTucks - one for Glock G19 and one for Sig P228. I wear both at 3:00-3:30.

Retention is good on Glock (maybe a little tight) but a little looser on the Sig but I find once my belt is good and tight, retention is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Savior Sound View Post
    That is exactly what I found works best for me as well for both of my SuperTucks - one for Glock G19 and one for Sig P228. I wear both at 3:00-3:30.

Retention is good on Glock (maybe a little tight) but a little looser on the Sig but I find once my belt is good and tight, retention is perfect.
    Did some adjusting. I have the front on the top hole now and its perfect for me. I posted a pic in another thread somewhere. The cant is perfect. Also just adjusted the retention. Made mine pretty tight. It has to be a deliberate draw now. Heats up quick. And yes it is pretty hard to screw up.
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links