My new super tuck

This is a discussion on My new super tuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got it in todays mail and so far I like it.I am a small guy,5ft5 and 160 lbs.I ordered it for my full size ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new super tuck

My new super tuck

I got it in todays mail and so far I like it.I am a small guy,5ft5 and 160 lbs.I ordered it for my full size 1911.I figured if it would work for that it would be good for anything.I've been wearing it now for about 4 hours and its pretty comfortable.I've set the cant to bottom on front hole and 2nd from top on back hole and carring at 3 oclock,seems to do the trick.Tomorrow will be the test as I will be involved in church affairs from 0730 to about 1400.All you guys said that I would like it,I say THANK YOUif this works out,I can see another coming for my G19.The whole thing is working out because I discovered Perry suspenders.Now I don't have to cinch my pants so tight. sj

2. Remove Ads

Well, it failed the test.It felt like the bottom of the holster was digging into my leg,very uncomfortable.I had cut a combat cut on it but didn't want to do any more cutting because then I couldn't send it back.I'm not even sure they will take it back now,but I'm going to try because I can't use it now as it is.It will just join all my other holsters. sj

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Have you tried High Noon Holsters? They have a "no questions asked" return policy.

I have a SuperTuck for my XD 45 Compact. It's comfortable to me, but I'm a "clip-n-go" kind of guy and I like the option of sometimes not needing a belt.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Sorry to hear the Super Tuck will not work for you. I just order one and am confident it will work great for me as I am 6'-3" and 240...... lots of space for the leather to find a place to settle down. I talked to Marty and she was great to work with in recommending what holster I needed for my pistol. Can't wait to get it and set it up.

A few others have mentioned this as well. Most just did a "combat" cut on the bottom as well and fixed it. I am 5'6" and fear I may have to do that as well when mine comes in.
    ‎"When the need for my gun is abated I will lay it down freely, but until that day comes not even Satan himself could pry it from my cold dead hands."

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    I got it in todays mail and so far I like it.I am a small guy,5ft5 and 160 lbs.I ordered it for my full size 1911.I figured if it would work for that it would be good for anything.I've been wearing it now for about 4 hours and its pretty comfortable.I've set the cant to bottom on front hole and 2nd from top on back hole and carring at 3 oclock,seems to do the trick.Tomorrow will be the test as I will be involved in church affairs from 0730 to about 1400.All you guys said that I would like it,I say THANK YOUif this works out,I can see another coming for my G19.The whole thing is working out because I discovered Perry suspenders.Now I don't have to cinch my pants so tight. sj
    your first mistake was putting the front clip at the bottom hole. I actually raised mine one hole from stock in the front and left the rear at stock. This will force the bottom leather further down the leg allowing it to form to the thigh more. Mines for a G19 and extremely comfortable. Try that before dismissing it. I like this cant because it is similiar to my Brommeland MAx Con cant and allows the pistol grip to sit in the pocket better at 330 -4 position. Good luck oh yeah, Im 150 5-7.

I tried carrying it all day sunday but it was very umcomfortable.It felt like it was digging into my leg.I sent it back to crossbreed to be reformed into one for a glock 19.When I get it back I will try it again and start playing with the different cants until I find my sweet spot.I decided that my 1911 full size was just too heavy to lug around all day.I'm not going to give up on it.I will try fifferent settings and see what what happens. sj

Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts View Post
    your first mistake was putting the front clip at the bottom hole. I actually raised mine one hole from stock in the front and left the rear at stock. This will force the bottom leather further down the leg allowing it to form to the thigh more. Mines for a G19 and extremely comfortable. Try that before dismissing it. I like this cant because it is similiar to my Brommeland MAx Con cant and allows the pistol grip to sit in the pocket better at 330 -4 position. Good luck oh yeah, Im 150 5-7.
    Yes definately try some more positions before you give up on it. I think I tried every possible position before I got it right.

Did you say "you" did a combat cut or had Crossbreed do it? If Crossbreed did it I imagine there will be no problem with returning it.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I tried carrying it all day sunday but it was very umcomfortable.It felt like it was digging into my leg.I sent it back to crossbreed to be reformed into one for a glock 19.When I get it back I will try it again and start playing with the different cants until I find my sweet spot.I decided that my 1911 full size was just too heavy to lug around all day.I'm not going to give up on it.I will try fifferent settings and see what what happens. sj
    I just tried my mini tuck on for my PM9, it was like i didnt have a pistol on me. I will still carry my G19 as my EDC. I hope it works out. THough, we are all not built the same, most people swear by the CST. I was hesitant and trying to fight it. I really like the beauty of full leather, but this CST is truely comortable to me and more so than my Brommeland and Brigades Ive had. Im saying they were not comfortable, this one is just moreso. Let us know what happens!

Yes,I did the cut,but I'm not asking for a refund,just to reform it for a g19 and I will go from there.If I have to,I'll trim some off the bottom if all else fails.I would like to hear some settings gor g19's if anybody has any.Thanks. sj

Yes,I did the cut,but I'm not asking for a refund,just to reform it for a g19 and I will go from there.If I have to,I'll trim some off the bottom if all else fails.I would like to hear some settings gor g19's if anybody has any.Thanks. sj
    Besides what I told you already, I wear mine at about 330 to 4. With this, Im trying figure out how any of the leather would be digging into your leg?

I have my clips/bolts in the 3rd hole up on both sides. The top of the kydex hits right at the waistband of my pants. Now I'm not sure if I'm cursed, mutated, deformed, special, unique, blessed, or just built to carry a gun but I seem to have a "natural cant" when wearing a belt so take that into consideration. I also have a nice curl at the top of the horsehide from my bodily dimensions. I carry a GLOCK 19 at 3 o'clock and use a Crossbreed belt, black of course until they come out with something darker.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts View Post
    Besides what I told you already, I wear mine at about 330 to 4. With this, Im trying figure out how any of the leather would be digging into your leg?
    I wonder if he was referring to the muzzle of his 1911?
    NRA Life Member

I was unable to wear mine at 3:00 and nearly gave up....then I moved it to about 4:00-4:30 and it became the most comfortable IWB I have ever worn...and I have carried for 35 years.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

I'm not really sure if it was the leather or the muzzle side of my 1911.I know when I looked at it the barrel stuck down about an inch below the bottom of the holster.That gave me a scary feeling to know that the muzzle was sticking in the side of my leg,especially since it was loaded with gold dots.I was carrying it locked and cocked.Oh well,I'm going to be putting my 1911 up for sale anyway and sticking with my g19. sj

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links