PPK/S IWB Holster

This is a discussion on PPK/S IWB Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got a fair deal on an Interarms PPK/S today so I bought it to remind myself of my early days of concealed carry. Since ...

Thread: PPK/S IWB Holster

Cool PPK/S IWB Holster

I got a fair deal on an Interarms PPK/S today so I bought it to remind myself of my early days of concealed carry. Since I have not carried one since the mid 70's and then just tucked it into my waistband or stuck it in a jacket pocket I am not up to date on what others are using today for holsters for this particular firearm. I carry appendix posistion and like a minimal amount of holster material. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Cool

Guess the PPK/S is not very popular anymore with the advent of all those new .380's on the market. That's what you get for living in the past old man. I know there is something about an all steel 22 oz .380 that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy but you are in the minority pal. Time to go to HighNoon I suppose. Can't go wrong with the Public Secret since it carries the G-23 just fine. Maybe a Mister Softy is all you really need. OK thanks for the input buddy.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

Try an RM Low Rider from RocketMan holsters....I have one for my PPK/S and it fits and rides great. JS Holsters has a similar design; I have one of his rigs for my Kahr CW9 and I saw thay are having a pretty good sale right now. I swear by both of these; kydex: yes, comfrotable: yes. They work!

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    Try an RM Low Rider from RocketMan holsters....I have one for my PPK/S and it fits and rides great. JS Holsters has a similar design; I have one of his rigs for my Kahr CW9 and I saw thay are having a pretty good sale right now. I swear by both of these; kydex: yes, comfrotable: yes. They work!
    Thanks for the reply. The RM Low Rider looks good and I will keep that one in mind as I continue my search. Not a big fan of Kydex but this one looks very well made. Does it have a piece built in to shield the slide from your body ?

The Hidden Ally by High Noon Holsters makes a good appendix carry IWB option. It's all leather, rides well, my only complaint is that it has the clip on the side, making it a bit wider than some other options.

Hidden Ally

I'm using it for my Interarms PPK/S... love the option.
    Nothing unreal exists

Cool

Thanks Blackbird. I'm looking for something like the Public Secret with the slide guard on the back of the holster (looks like the PS will be the one). Are they Hogue grips on your Avitar photo PPK/S ?

When I took that photo I had olive toned grips that Interarms distributed (via eBay). After a while I wasn't happy with how thick they made the pistol, so I did go and order Hogue Grips. Darker cherry-toned grips. They never quite fit properly so now I'm back to the plastic ones that and with it.

I'd gotten as far as embedding the grips on the frame with a good epoxy, but decided to stick with the plastic ones as they're thinner.
    Nothing unreal exists

Cool

I am wondering if they sent you grips for the S&W PPK/S if you got them after 1999 when S&W bought out Interarms. Hogue now lists two seperate models, one for the Interarms and one for the S&W. They look great but for their price I would want them to fit. Thanks for the info.

I saw that too, Old School, and made sure they had me down for an Interarms set of grips. Even then, there were a number of minor variations in the frame shape over the years that make it hard to have a 100% exact fit (I'm told). Mine fit great out the door, but needed a couple of gaps filled. Having the grips shift while shooting was not inspiring confidence.

I'm going to put the Hogues back on this weekend and see how they fit. I really liked the cocobolo ones with the grid.
    Nothing unreal exists

The RM does have a built in sweat shield. It is amazingly comfortable for a kydex holster. The best thing is it tucks that weapon in so tight and you forget it's there.

Links