Bianchi CarryLok or SnapLok?

This is a discussion on Bianchi CarryLok or SnapLok? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you that have used one/both, which do you prefer? I tried the CarryLok and liked it but am interested in the option ...

Thread: Bianchi CarryLok or SnapLok?

Question Bianchi CarryLok or SnapLok?

For those of you that have used one/both, which do you prefer? I tried the CarryLok and liked it but am interested in the option of fast on fast off. Is the SnapLok as stable as the CarryLok? Does one conceal better than the other? Does one ride higher than the other? I can't find a local shop that has both, only the CarryLok. Also, I'll be carrying on a 1.25" belt. I've found ways to make the belt slots smaller (thanks to forum members here) but could I make the 1.5" SnapLok loops smaller too or would they be stuck at 1.5"?

Thanks for your input. (Please don't suggest other holsters unless they're very similar in design and have a similar retention feature, I've looked at them all and I like the secondary retention.)

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Only thing I don't like about the snap-lok is that it leaves the muzzle exposed. The carry-lok is a good holster and the locking mechanism works great and is extremely easy to operate. If the quick on/quick off is a must, look at Mitch Rosens Premier which is stocked by Brownells. I have one an it's an excellent rig however it lacks the lock which I personally view as a liability unless you wear the same rig day in/day out. The premier runs about $90 and is a much better made and looking holster. If eligible for Brownells discount knock off about $20

It'll be the same rig every time, and again, I like the extra level of retention. Like anything, if you train with it, it'll work. Quick on/off isn't a must but it would be a NICE feature for places I can't carry (such as at work). It looks like the CarryLok rides higher which is also important being OWB, but the pictures could be deceiving.

How about the Paddle?

I wanted a Snap Lock but like you, I didn't like the barrel sticking out of the bottom.

My requirements were 1) quick on and off and 2) some kind of retention other than a tension screw. I ended up getting the Paddle Lock for my full size 1911.

It sits high on the belt (I use a 1 1/2 inch belt) and is very easy on and off. Don't know how it would work on a 1 1/4 inch belt.

An added plus with this holster is that it is adjustable for crossdraw, so if you are on a long car trip, you can carry it that way more comfortably than strong side.

I love mine.

I've never tried a paddle that held tight enough to conceal OWB.

Links