CBST Clip Issue (?)

This is a discussion on CBST Clip Issue (?) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys, but has anyone had any issues with the belt clip(s) on their CBST? Twice when I ...

Thread: CBST Clip Issue (?)

CBST Clip Issue (?)

Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys, but has anyone had any issues with the belt clip(s) on their CBST? Twice when I have gone to un-holster, the holster came right out... Definitely NOT good, esp. if it were a critical moment of SD. The clips are not bent in any way that I can tell, so I am throwing it up to a bad belt (not a gun belt). I would like to purchase from the "beltman" (any recommendations would be good there too), but I just wanted to see if my belt is in fact the issue. Thanks all! As a side note, the belt I am using for CC is 5mm thick and 1.5'' wide and made of quality leather (although slightly misshapen due to years of wear and my physique )

EDIT:
    Thanks for the idea about the J hooks trekkiejt. I actually thought about that almost immediately after I posted. Anyone use them and like them? Seems like just the ticket for my current issue. Thanks!
    Last edited by TXcougar8000; July 6th, 2010 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Posted too soon.
    "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty"
    -Wendell Phillips

Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap nor easy conquest.
    -The Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Back when the used plastic clips I broke several. (my fault) and then bent several of their metal ones.
    It would seem that if you can pull it out, they are likely bent so as not to sit flat with tension.

You may be able to unscrew them, and bend them oh so slightly inward a little at a time.

If that doesn't do, contact Mark at CB. Always fast and fair.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

5mm=1/5 inch. Maybe your belt is too thick for the clips. It sounds like the bottom lips ofthe clip aren't catching on the belt. Try bending the bottom of them so it catches the belt better. If not, see if Mark will send you the J hook clips and try those.
    ‎"When the need for my gun is abated I will lay it down freely, but until that day comes not even Satan himself could pry it from my cold dead hands."

Links