Ruger LCP Holster

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a holster for my LCP. I've tried in the pocket and I'm not a fan. I guess I'm used to drawing from the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP Holster

Ruger LCP Holster

Looking for a holster for my LCP. I've tried in the pocket and I'm not a fan. I guess I'm used to drawing from the hip. With that said, what are the options for an inexpensive IWB holster for the LCP.

2. Remove Ads

I have a DeSantis Tuck This II, it is a IWB w/adjustable cant and it has a spare mag pocket built in for when I carry elsie as my primary.
    Most of the time I carry elsie in my superfly in pocket as BUG and have my G26 IWB.
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" Wayne LaPierre

First let me say that the Uncle Mike's IWB clip on black holsters are a bad joke. With that being said, they work pretty good with the LCP and P-3AT. They are so small and light, no real support or retention is required beside the tightness of your belt.

Those mini tuck holsters from Crossbreed look pretty sweet. I have hybrid holsters for other pistols and I love them.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

What's inexpensive to you?

I suggest the Mini Tuck, from CrossBreed
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Inexpensive to me, would be under $35. Has anyone tried the High Noon Holsters, like the bare asset or mr softy I think they are called?

I was going to sugest the CB Minituck (use one for my PPS) and it is nice.....but for your price range the High Noon rigs are well regarded. Just remember that there is no one handed reholstering with these type of holster but that really isnt an issue.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I have the Bare Asset for my TCP - I ordered the LCP holster with a CT - because they did not offer one for the TCP w CT.

The holster works pretty well. The metal J clip on the holster is pretty stiff so it is a job to get it on or off. The clip has done a number on my belt (just normal leather). It is difficult to reholster with one hand, but could be possible after pratice and if you don't keep your belt too tight.

I like the cant on the bare asset, it does help minimize the print by keeping the but of the gun tight to your skin. The holster rides in a good position and makes drawing comfortable. I normally carry at 5, but holster would work from 3 to 6 - maybe even 11. The shipping was quick, had the holster 5 days after ordering. I don't plan on on buying any other IWB holsters for my TCP.

I still prefer pocket carry.

you get what you pay for.

Fobus, has retention and great fit. Item # KT2G $29.99

Maybe the pocket holster I'm using is junk, a Blackhawk similar to the Desantis Nemesis. Any other suggestions? It just feels bulky in the pocket.

DeSantis Nemisis makes the best pocket holster I have used. The "gunhide" material conforms to the contours of the gun, so unholstring is easy. It is also thin enough to be comfortable.

I pocket a G26 pretty regularly with this holster, and it was my top choice for my LCP before I sold it.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    I was going to sugest the CB Minituck (use one for my PPS) and it is nice.....but for your price range the High Noon rigs are well regarded. Just remember that there is no one handed reholstering with these type of holster but that really isnt an issue.
    I got one the other daty for my LCP for 40 bucks. off of the XD site. It was a blem but I can't see the blem. Might check if you are looking for one cheep

CrossBreed Seconds/Blems - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by Cdknox View Post
    Maybe the pocket holster I'm using is junk, . Any other suggestions? It just feels bulky in the pocket.
    Pocketholster.com 800-424-9352 HAND MADE ,detachable wallet back, and small pocket holder. I use mine daily. front pocket , back pocket , inside breast pocket. Does not print. I have never found anyone who did not like this holster.

Ruger LCP Pocket Holster Concealed Carry Pocket Holster from Pocket Holsters

$50.00

Quote Originally Posted by geod View Post
    Fobus, has retention and great fit. Item # KT2G $29.99
    totally agree........... and left handed version just came out........

XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

How about DeSantis Dual Carry? I was thinking about getting one of those for my LCP. It is cheap ($32) and it allows for OWB (belt loop) and IWB (belt clip). It seems like a versatile alternative when I don't want to pocket carry.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links