Glock safe with bellyband and/or clipdraw?

This is a discussion on Glock safe with bellyband and/or clipdraw? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Sig35seven This is a liner of stiff polycarbonate that protects the trigger as good as any. Where did you get that material? ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock safe with bellyband and/or clipdraw?

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    This is a liner of stiff polycarbonate that protects the trigger as good as any.
    Where did you get that material? Cool idea!!!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by skystud1 View Post
    Where did you get that material? Cool idea!!!
    They sell inexpensive small thin Lexan sheets at home depot.12"x12". It's easy to cut to size with tin snips. I use a cigar lighter to gently heat it up and bend it into any position you want. Tip....my first bends looks simpler to a taco shell. Once cool it gets stiff again. Do not try this with Plexiglas as it won't work. Must be polycarbonate.

Once the shape is achieved and the gun fits snug with no snags sand it to roughen the outside surface and then glue it in with contact cement.

The gun goes in and out just like a Kydex holster when finished and just as tuff.

Best holster I've ever had. Comfortable.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    They sell inexpensive small thin Lexan sheets at home depot.12"x12". It's easy to cut to size with tin snips. I use a cigar lighter to gently heat it up and bend it into any position you want. Tip....my first bends looks simpler to a taco shell. Once cool it gets stiff again. Do not try this with Plexiglas as it won't work. Must be polycarbonate.

Once the shape is achieved and the gun fits snug with no snags sand it to roughen the outside surface and then glue it in with contact cement.

The gun goes in and out just like a Kydex holster when finished and just as tuff.

Best holster I've ever had. Comfortable.
    Thats really cool thing...
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

i think the Glock safe is more of a hazzard then with out.... i used the clipdraw for a few years...

The Malabar Front
    $19.99
    Designed by Shay VanVlymen of Mindset Laboratories, the Vanguard is a simple, effective concealment tool. It covers only the trigger guard of the weapon, providing a safe way to store or carry a loaded pistol in situations where a traditional holster is not practical. It comes with a length of paracord that acts as a static line to deploy the weapon. Just tie it off to a solid anchor point, and a sharp tug will cause the Vanguard to pop free and leave your weapon ready to fire. The Vanguard can also be stripped from the weapon by catching the point on something and pulling up.

This product is ideal for use on the nightstand, under a pillow, in a purse, or tucked in your waistband.
    --------------------------------------
    Cominolli Custom Manual safety for Glock.

Cominolli Installed by Tarnhelm: The Glock Manual Safety

GLOCK Manual Safety
    $125.00
    An aftermarket, non-factory, add-on that does not void the GLOCK® warranty
    A GLOCK manual safety, available at this time for all models of the GLOCK® , can enhance your ability to prevent accidental discharges. A GLOCK manual safety works with a flip of the right thumb and adds another layer of protection while handling the gun.

here we go again. you can get the safety-t block for the glock. it will block the trigger and is easy to push out when need be. i have used the clip draw on a g36 without any problems. my underwear and pants do the same thing as a holster.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Looking to see what your opinions are about wearing a bellyband and or clipdraw with a glock? Safety is my concern. Thanks!
    If you want deep concealement like that get a zack holster by Dale fricke

no way in hell I would put a trigger block into any weapon, mr. murphy agrees with me.

VIP Member
    Personally I would NEVER use a Clip Draw but especially on a Glock! COVER THAT TRIGGER! Just my opinion.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I carried a Glock for years without a holster, but I have good trigger discipline when drawing. I also have carried an LCP with a Clipdraw. I usually don't nowadays simply because I wear a Crossbreed MiniTuck and use a pocket holster for the LCP. It's safer and a lot more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    here we go again. you can get the safety-t block for the glock. it will block the trigger and is easy to push out when need be. i have used the clip draw on a g36 without any problems. my underwear and pants do the same thing as a holster.
    I run saf-t-bloks in both of my G26s. They work really well. They are no different than an external safty to me. You need to practice with them at the range, like anything else. A small plastic set creates the tension that holds it in place in the trigger guard and its adjustable.

J.S.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by js; July 13th, 2010 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Add Info
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Simple answer, I'd say, "No!"
    I'd keep the Glock in 'holster mode'

A protected trigger is a safe trigger. I think if you do a on clip draw, you'll see the general consensus, including an example of an ND with a clip draw device (don't remember if it was a Glock, but the principle is the same)
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Belly Band Fine. Clip draw I personally say NO WAY. Protect the trigger, as the bang switch needs to be kept snag free AND finger free until ready to fire - lest ye want to explain to the doctor why you have a hole in you that doesnt belong...

Just my .02
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

well, answered my own question

I tried to pull the trigger through the elastic of the belly band and it was impossible. I guess I'll be sporting my glock with belly band. Clip draw does seem silly, as well as that trigger cover with a lanyard.

I tried to pull the trigger through the elastic of the belly band and it was impossible. I guess I'll be sporting my glock with belly band. Clip draw does seem silly, as well as that trigger cover with a lanyard.
    I don't want to sound like a smartass or anything, but when it comes to ND's or AD's the person wounded thought it was impossible too. Not trying to fortify my post, just don't want overconfidence to lead to a good man being hurt when the unexpected happens.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    I don't want to sound like a smartass or anything, but when it comes to ND's or AD's the person wounded thought it was impossible too. Not trying to fortify my post, just don't want overconfidence to lead to a good man being hurt when the unexpected happens.
    Sky, I agree...my belly band with a glock is riding down below the waist...you would have to go through my pants and the band to get to the trigger...

The trick is to SAFELY holster the weapon...I usually do that when I dress...and since I would not be drawing the weapon unless I need it, I'm pretty confident the trigger will not be touched...

And if I do have to draw the weapon...I'll cross that bridge then...

joker...I could not agree more about over confidence...which is why I am a strong proponent of "training the way I'm going to fight"...

If I felt (and I did at first) one shread of fear about carrying my Glock with the belly band...I WOULD NOT...so I did practice, and continue to practice, with it...

Your point is well taken...and worth repeating MANY MANY TIMES...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links