mika pocket holster help please?

This is a discussion on mika pocket holster help please? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hello all i have a uncle mikes #3 for my j frame 442 but its quite bulky in my pocket the holster it self seems ...

Thread: mika pocket holster help please?

hello all i have a uncle mikes #3 for my j frame 442 but its quite bulky in my pocket the holster it self seems so bulky in my pocket and im lookin for a thin holster the mika seems like the ticket. i generaly wear cargo shorts dickies work pants or jeans will this holster work for me.

I've got a couple of Mikas that I use for my 442. At first it is pretty bulky but as you carry it more it sort of flattens out and doesn't show as much. It depends a lot on the type of pocket you are carrying it in, I usually only carry mine when I'm wearing shorts (front pocket) and they seem to have deeper and looser pockets than most jeans, those seem to do alright. Some of my jeans it doesn't bulge too much but others have tight enough pockets that I wouldn't even consider it. Hope that helps.

VIP Member
    Yup, can't go wrong especially at the price! So I got two.
    I have the round cut for jeans and the square cut for cargos!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

No, no, no...here's the perfect pocket holster, and it's guaranteed to never come out of your pocket with the gun.
    Pocket Holster w/Thumb Push
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joedodge View Post
    hello all i have a uncle mikes #3 for my j frame 442 but its quite bulky in my pocket the holster it self seems so bulky in my pocket and im lookin for a thin holster the mika seems like the ticket. i generaly wear cargo shorts dickies work pants or jeans will this holster work for me.
    I have both holsters. The Mika is bulkier and slightly larger in all dimensions than the UM #3. I also have a RKBA holster. It is larger end to end/width (so the ends of the holster catch in the pocket) compared to the UM but is very slim. From my experience the UM is an overall pretty slim and small pocket holster. I carry with the UM much, much more than the other two. I haven't tried any of the all kydex pocket holsters out there.

Quote Originally Posted by joedodge View Post
    In the way of pocket holsters, I might suggest you give a good look at Remora holsters. I'm sort of a fan, but I don't use mine for pocket carry. It is a good product in my opinion though.
    Remora Concealment and Security Products

Administrator
    Mika makes a simple, no nonesense holster. If you have any doubts, just drop him an email. He'll call you after work one evening to discuss his holsters. He is a super nice guy and makes a handy holster.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I was uncertain at first. I inserted the gun and put it under my mattress for a few nights and it carries much better now. I am very pleased.

Mika is a great pocket holster, have several, a tab bulky , but they settle down nicely. Can't go wrong for the price, quality & service.

I love the Mika / 642 combo. As Forrest Gump would say, "it's like peas and carrots."
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I have the mika for my 642 and love it. I dont wear it with jeans though it just does not work. I love them in cargo shorts/dress pants. He is very easy to work with and is truly a great guy. The wait for me was around 4 months.
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

I love my Mika holster. My 642 conceals well and is very accessible in relaxed fit jeans, dockers or cargo shorts. I just wish that I'd ordered a second one before Robert became so popular.

Sponsored Links