Defensive Carry banner

New Gun On The Way... need specific help

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ExSoldier 
#1 ·
Hey just notified my latest trade has shipped and I should be getting it any day, probably by this Saturday. I swapped a problematic Sig P245 for a brand new Taurus 4510 PUBLIC DEFENDER with the 2.5 inch cylinder. Yup: Don't nobody BUDGE: Here Come da JUDGE!

So, I need a good holster. Our voluminous mega-holster list is too huge. So I need some direction. I think maybe something along the lines of a yaqui slide for OWB and I'll need an IWB as well. I don't think CROSSBREED is there yet, either. Any ideas? Yes, I'll post a complete range report as soon as I get a good selection of shot shells in hand. I want to see which dram weight works best at different likely ranges. I fired a Judge recently, with the 000 Buck load on a full size frame and the recoil was brutal, even with the ribber grips. Easily worse than a 44 magnum, but not as bad as my 460. But that comparison is relative, since the 460 has such a HUGE frame to absorb some of the recoil shock.

#2 ·
Rocky from Pure Kustom makes a holster for the judge. I have one of his Black Ops and a double mag pouch. Unbelievable craftmanship, great retention and very comfortable. Plus Rocky is a gentleman and a pleasure to deal with.

You won't be disappointed.

#3 ·
Thanks!

I couldn't find Pure Kustom on our mega holster link page but google had them and I'm very impressed. Thanks!

#11 ·
I do have another option on hand: I have an older LAW CONCEALMENT SYSTEMS leather holster that literally fits any semi auto or revolver with up to a five inch barrel. It's extremely comfortable and I'll bet it would hold my wallet if I were in a city where pick pockets were bad or overseas where all forms of crime are bad and you're unable to carry. Trouble is that it seems LAW CONCEALMENT is out of business. I'd like to get another of their holsters. Does anybody know of somebody who might be making their stuff or selling something similar?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.