modifying pockets for carrying?

This is a discussion on modifying pockets for carrying? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i was curious if anyone has lengthened there pockets for carrying to get the gun to ride lower. when i pocket carry my j frame ...

i was curious if anyone has lengthened there pockets for carrying to get the gun to ride lower. when i pocket carry my j frame the handle rides right at the edge of my pocket or a smidge above just noticeable. no one has ever paid any attention to whats in my pockets when out and about but i was wanting to add a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch to my pockets to make it ride lower. i realy dont want to replace my whole wardrobe would you worry about this or not bother.

cmb
    I have not done it, but I have a couple pair of pants which could stand it. It is not real difficult and because it is hidden the stiches do not have to be perfect.

This is actually a pretty good idea. I never thought of it myself. Mainly because I don't have the skills to "edit" anything that requires needle and thread.

Even so, I probably wouldn't bother making changes to my clothes if it's not an issue. Trousers wear out (or your waistline expands) and there comes a time to get new ones. Make sure that the pockets are deep enough at that time.
    In the Marine Corps I carried one of the standard Beretta M9 service pistols in a traditional duty holster. Now it's a 1911 in a SuperTuck. I'm glad for the upgrade.

It's been done a lot by folks around the forums. The first one I read was a guy taking his levis to cleaners seamstress to lengthen the gun pocket with stronger material. Seems like it was under $10 pair. My wife modified a few pants by dividing a "mag pocket" for 2 mags side by side.

Almost anything you can think of is doable and the price is usually good.

Links