Do I have any other options?

This is a discussion on Do I have any other options? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need a carry option that works with a tucked in shirt and is comfortable enough to wear while sitting in my car for about ...

Thread: Do I have any other options?

I need a carry option that works with a tucked in shirt and is comfortable enough to wear while sitting in my car for about 8 hours a day. I've been researching and at this point I think my only real option is to pocket carry a subcompact (probably .380) while keeping a compact (probably SR9c or G19) in my car. I would like to just carry a compact 9mm on me but with the holster options for tucked in shirts, I think that will just become too uncomfortable and won't be easy to access while in my car.

Do you guys have any other suggestions?

Senior Moderator
    There are 'super tucks' that hide under a tucked shirt, but that may be what you referred to as becoming too uncomfortable. Different super tucks can have different wearing comfort so a different brand my be just the ticket for you.

Unfortunately, one can't know until he's bought the holster and worn it some whether it's going to work or not.

Plus, the super tucks can be a lot of trouble to set up, say from sit down jobs in the bathroom. Everything has to be repositioned and retucked.

You might consider....shoot, I can't think of the name of it, but it goes on under a shirt and works like an elastic under garment. Holds the gun in kinda like a shoulder holster, Arrrrhh, what is the name of that???
    Ahhhh, here it is:

Undertech UnderCover - Ultimate Compression Concealment Clothing
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Pure Kustom's Black Ops Pro?

I carry a full-size 10mm 1911 with two extra mags in a Pure Kustom's double-mag pouch. The gun is IWB in my BOP at 5 o'clock, the mags are OWB at 7 o'clock. I wear it driving all the time - never an issue (and while I haven't done an extensive number of 8+ hour drives like this, I've done a few and haven't had any issues.
    Billy
    Fusion Tact-5 in a Pure Kustom Black-Ops Pro
    Glock 23 in a Barber Leatherworks IWB

For conceal carry or open carry? If you are going to open carry, a Kahr PM9 in a Don Hume J.I.T. slide works well for me. On belt at about 2:30 or 3:00 is still in reach. I've made a 6 hour round trip on the road with this setup.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

cmb
    I do not spend every day on the road but often times I am sitting in the office, the car, at homes, and even in those really comrfortable hospital waiting rooms, and I carry a full size 1911 IWB between 3-4:00. The only issue I ever have is the full 5" barrel when I lean toward the gun side, a 4" would probably be best but I like my setup. I wear a tucked in polo shirt when I am out most of the time

I carry my BUG in my front pocket and move it to the console or my cargo pocket when driving if applicable.

I have recently found good thick belts made by Dickies at WW about 10-12 bucks, they are 1.25 wide and about 3/16 thick, and provide good support, I use a very small and inexpensive holster mad by ace case, it is a tuckable ambi holster (the smallest one) for my 1911, and the larger one for my 9mm double stack and my 6 shot snubbie, another amaller one for my 380 and other narrow profile guns which I almost never carry and specific ones for my 5 shot snubbie and others if I carry them... you can find them at cheaperthandirt.com for 10 bucks, the area behind the belt clip maybe a little thicker than other holsters but that is negligible difference to me for the cost...

I wore this holster for a while, found where the gun rode comfortable, and then put a couple stitches in it so my 1911 would ride at just the right height and cant.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Actually I think your idea is best. Keep the Glock in the car, readily accessable, and carry the .380 when you're on foot. I think pocket carry is best for the .380 and certainly faster than trying to draw from under a tucked shirt.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Look at the CCW Breakaways thread below.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I need a carry option that works with a tucked in shirt and is comfortable enough to wear while sitting in my car for about 8 hours a day. I've been researching and at this point I think my only real option is to pocket carry a subcompact (probably .380) while keeping a compact (probably SR9c or G19) in my car. I would like to just carry a compact 9mm on me but with the holster options for tucked in shirts, I think that will just become too uncomfortable and won't be easy to access while in my car.

Do you guys have any other suggestions?
    How about a car seat holster. I unholster from my own person, if I wear a concealment rig on my belt or inside my pants, into the car seat holster. And I do the reverse when I get out of my car. Unless you are wearing a bellyband holster, accessing a gun from belt level or lower is difficult when seated in a car, especially if you have a seatbelt on.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    CrossBreed SuperTuck, just last night, I spent 8 hours at a wedding, in full regale, dancing and carrying on.... my feet hurt, but I all but forgot I was carrying a firearm. And this was with a Medium/Full size automatic.

CBST is the best I've found.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Links