Got a gun that you can't find a holster for?

This is a discussion on Got a gun that you can't find a holster for? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a sort of a universal holster that is basically a leather square with a short notch sewn in to the bottom that slides ...

Thread: Got a gun that you can't find a holster for?

Exclamation Got a gun that you can't find a holster for?

I have a sort of a universal holster that is basically a leather square with a short notch sewn in to the bottom that slides IWB and a very strong sprung steel clip covered in leather as well. It comes from a company called LAW CONCEALMENT SYSTEMS http://www.handgunconcealment.com/ whom I'd been told was out of business.
    They have suffered some debilitating diseases and deaths in the family owned business but they are OPEN.
    The numbers and info on this old web site are out of date. If you want to contact them (and I HIGHLY recommend their product) use lawconceal@aol.com and their phone number: 425-985-4952

I have their LCS II and I can conceal both a 1911 Government as well as a 4" K frame 537 and a J frame as well. In fact I can carry most all of my guns and I probably will use this very comfortable holster for my new Taurus PUBLIC DEFENDER. The only down side is that it's not a very easy one hand re-holster but when I carry EDC I'm only drawing to take it off at home. So this isn't an idpa competition rig like I could use my CROSSBREED for, but for versatility, this holster can't be beat! In many ways, this rig is more comfortable than my Crossbreed.

pics added by qks
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

I bought one of these several years ago and still have it, you are correct it is fairly universal and I have used it until I could recieve a holster for the paticular gun.

Thanks QKShooter!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Cool thanks not a bad price might just have to get one in case I break my finger so I can carry weak side solves a problem I have been pondering.

Ex-Soldier, how is the retention on that rig? I'm assuming it's OK since you're comfortable with it, and your opinion is one of the ones on the forum I value and respect.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Camjr; July 18th, 2010 at 04:58 PM.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    Ex-Solder, how is the retention on that rig? I'm assuming it's OK since you're comfortable with it, and your opinion is one of the ones on the forum I value and respect. Cheers!
    Thanks for the compliment. The retention is awesome. Snug but smooth in the draw. Like I said, the reholster is not going to be one handed because it is an IWB and not kydex. But it is extremely comfortable, especially with the flap that keeps the gun from digging into your sides. I have carried a full sized revolver (357 M19) in total comfort and totally concealed.

I bought one of these back in the early to mid 90's for my HK P7M10. At the time I couldn't find a off-duty concealment holster for it. It definitely is a "one holster fits all" design. I found it to be "ok". I carried the pistol in the FBI cant mode. I found it to be a little hard to get a grip during the draw because it rode deep into the holster (a longer barreled pistol may ride higher), and on several occasions during draw the holster came out with the pistol...but I can't totally blame the holster on this...if you're not familiar with the HK P7M10 it has a BIG flat sided slide and I think the slide was sticking to the holster, some silicon spray may have fixed that issue.
    Here's a pic of mine:

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I had a couple some time ago and they were alright, but I upgraded to gun specific holsters. Nice pic.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Lightbulb I use mine with everything!

Some self taken pix holding a variety of my weapons: An XD45 compact, a Taurus Public Defender, a Beretta M92FS and a HUGE S&W XVR 460 with the 5" ported barrel.
    Attached Images

I'm intrigued; but I detest IWB carry. Has anyone used these between the belt and the pant? Specifically as appendix carry? How's the comfort and retention?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CPO 15 View Post
    I'm intrigued; but I detest IWB carry. Has anyone used these between the belt and the pant? Specifically as appendix carry? How's the comfort and retention?

Thanks.
    CPO 15, I don't think your version would work well. This holster is designed so that retention is completed by the fact of the pants keeping pressure around the entirety of the weapons frame along the length and width that is inside the pants. Tried outside using the sprung steel leather covered clip as the only form of retention? I don't see it. I myself dislike appendix carry, so I can't offer an opinion there except to say that if you did, it must be IWB and not any other mode with this holster. I think this was designed with either strong side carry behind the hip and possibly as a cross draw but always IWB. The real advantage is the ability to properly carry any gun, revolver or semi auto and be assured of both retention AND a smooth clean draw. I sort of rediscovered this holster in the last two weeks and each day I have carried a different gun, even though I may have a SAM ANDREWS or a CROSSBREED holster available. It's just comfortable and highly concealable. Unfortunately, it's not "tuckable" like the CROSSBREED. So when I wear it, I have to also wear a light weight shirt that is meant to BE worn outside here in the heat and humidity of Miami, FL. Most of my summer wear shirts are like that, so it's not really a price to pay.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Looks good to me. I might give them a call.... Thanks for posting.
    For God, Family and Country!

Most comfortable holster ever

I realize this is an old thread but recently recommended this holster to an employee and was disappointed to find out their website was down. I contacted John at the email address in the original post and was very pleased to find out they are still in business. I am a former USAF PJ and have carried practically every weapon known to man and have used practically every holster known to man. This is what I use to carry my S&W 4506 (not a small handgun) and the retention is so much better than it looks. In 14 years I have never had an issue with retention and I carry every day. Reholstering is pretty much a 2 handed job but access is better than anything I have ever come accross. As I carry in the small of my back, concealed, the back upper part of the holster isolates the weapon from digging into my back and keeps it off my skin which protects the weapon from my sweat. The wide belt clip (actually 2 spring steel clips internally) distributes the weight over a larger area which minimizes what I call the sag effect most holsters are notorious for. There may be a better way to do this but I simply holstered my 4506, placed the whole thing between my mattress and box springs for a day or two and the the thing conformed to my weapon really well. What makes this holster very unique is you can choose different configurations of how you place your weapon. I am right handed and the most comfortable for me was in place my weapon cantored with the barrel (slide, it's a semi auto) in the left section of the holster with the upper portion angling to the right side of holster. I find that this leaves more of the grip exposed for easier access. There is a short seam in the middle bottom of holster which makes this possible. I have the non leather holster, I think it is called the LCS 3. Interior is some kind of split leather that is very gentle on the finish of my weapon. All in all I will never concealed carry a handgun with anything else. Absolutely love this holster. Good luck to John getting his new website up. He informed me that it should be up later this fall.

CPO 15, I don't think your version would work well. This holster is designed so that retention is completed by the fact of the pants keeping pressure around the entirety of the weapons frame along the length and width that is inside the pants.
    Not sure if you understood him correctly,he wants to position the holster between his belt and pants thereby using the belt pressure against the holster to retain the gun securely,you might try it and see if it does provide enough retention for people like me that don't want to increase their pants size to conceal IWB
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links