Carry Rig suggestions for Sig P225 or similar

This is a discussion on Carry Rig suggestions for Sig P225 or similar within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If any of you guys are carrying a Sig P225 (or similar) could you post a picture of your carry rig and list any that ...

If any of you guys are carrying a Sig P225 (or similar) could you post a picture of your carry rig and list any that you have tried and that I should avoid. I have a Galco Sto & Go but want to get a nicer IWB rig in the near future. Thanks.

VIP Member
    Lots of good holster makers right here on DC. I have two from Nate at Ugly Bald Guy (OBG) and am very happy with his products. Don't have any pics handy, but one is his dual snap IWB (for my P228) and it is everything you could ask for in an IWB holster - secure, comfortable, easy to take on/off, high quality, and good looking to boot.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Lots of good holster makers right here on DC. I have two from Nate at Ugly Bald Guy (OBG) and am very happy with his products. Don't have any pics handy, but one is his dual snap IWB (for my P228) and it is everything you could ask for in an IWB holster - secure, comfortable, easy to take on/off, high quality, and good looking to boot.
    Most of the IWB holster i see are very thick leather. The reason i liked the Sto and go was due to it's thin material and flexibility. Alas, it's retention leave much to be desired and I would hate to ever have to take off running with the gun in there.

VIP Member
    The one I have is pretty thin. It's substantially thinner than many "big name" holsters I have seen/used. Retention is good, but it isn't Loc-Tited in there; if I were to really try, I'm sure I could get the weapon to come out without drawing. That said, I've run, climbed, wrestled around, went through defensive tactics training (i.e. "beat your buddy), and so on, and not had the firearm fall out...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Cool

I carry a Glock 23 in a High Noon Public Secret and love it. They make a synthetic holster callled Mr. Softy which is very thin and I use that one for my Diamondback .380 Bug. Both are IWB. Take a look at there product line , they are DC advertisers.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Links