Is it OK if I start a new post for Ladies CC?

This is a discussion on Is it OK if I start a new post for Ladies CC? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pure Kustom Black Ops or Milt Sparks Summer Special II. They won't feel as large as a CBST IWB. I find the CBST comfortable, but ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it OK if I start a new post for Ladies CC?

Pure Kustom Black Ops or Milt Sparks Summer Special II. They won't feel as large as a CBST IWB. I find the CBST comfortable, but the SS II is more comfortable IWB and I like wearing my Black Ops OWB.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

For the record on the supertuck. You need to wear it every day for a week or two for the leather to mold. Once it does the feeling of it being like a "frypan" will disappear. It might be comfortable now, but just wait until the leather is worn in to both your firearm and figure/body shape. Pretty much all leather is this way. It feels real stiff and rigid. Kind of makes you want to shift it around etc. Once it's worn in though forget all that. I know that sometimes I almost feel naked without my holster because it's that comfy and familiar to me.

I prefer IWB, but I'm not female. I can definitely see OWB being a better option for female CCW holders (those who want a holster and not off body). However, my issue with OWB and it might just be me is that the holster itself can poke out below your clothing(t-shirt or whatever cover you're using during the spring and summer). I've noticed it when I've reached up to grab something. IWB that is impossible because the length of the barrel and holster covering that area is inside the pant line. It's something I'd have to be conscious of if I were to go OWB.

To the OP it seems that you've done your homework and I commend you on that. Most times people are afraid to search out information on their own and simply ask "what's best for me?" As you have no doubt seen, there is no answer for that.

One thing to note though is do not be afraid to check for a used holster on forums. I don't know if there would be one for your firearm, but it's worth a look around anyway. Sometimes you can find a $100 holster for half that, just someone with a drawer and some unused gear. Something else to think about, if your proposed carry gun is something somewhat common (Glock, 1911 of some sort, M&P, XD, Sig etc) you might be able to recoup your investment on the holster if it doesn't work for you. Many times there's someone out there looking for a holster and doesn't want to wait. If you can provide a holster that normally takes a few weeks or more to get they might just want in on it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    For the record on the supertuck. You need to wear it every day for a week or two for the leather to mold. Once it does the feeling of it being like a "frypan" will disappear. It might be comfortable now, but just wait until the leather is worn in to both your firearm and figure/body shape. Pretty much all leather is this way. It feels real stiff and rigid. Kind of makes you want to shift it around etc. Once it's worn in though forget all that. I know that sometimes I almost feel naked without my holster because it's that comfy and familiar to me.
    Yes I kinda figured as much. However, I don't have my plastic yet so I can't be carrying 24/7 just right now. It does look and feel good, so I'm not calling it a "failure" yet. I think it'll be nice once it's broken in. It will also help as my new belt breaks in a bit too. New leather smells nice, but it's kindof stiff for wearing.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

larger women

Are there any ladies out there bigger than 150 lbs? I have a few more curves than these ladies in the pictures and still can't find a holster. The belt has so be snug on my galco or the grip sticks out, which makes for a 'muffin top'...

i'd like to know what worked for a not-so-petite woman.

Ritestuff-- you've probably already checked out Cornered Cat's site (I know I found lots of useful information there for ladies)--but if not, here's a link to topics about curvy ladies, different types of holster placement, etc. If you haven't read through this yet--it will give you a good starting place.

http://http://corneredcat.com/Holster/holster.aspx
    In youth we learn; in age we understand. ~ Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

corneredcat link is dead,fyi

Check out the video on the Fist (lady fist holsters).. As stated in the video the maker would first like to talk over your individual needs and then make the rig for you. Good quality holsters with fair prices and acceptable turn around time.

OMO

bosco

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    However, I don't have my plastic yet so I can't be carrying 24/7 just right now.
    I doubt that there's any law forbidding the wearing of an empty holster. That would allow the leather to break in while you await your permit. Plus, you can carry the gun in it strictly at home in the meantime.

But just for the record, I have a SuperTuck and it's not one of my favorites, either. I prefer the single-clip High Noons.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Cornered Cat was the first place i looked. It's informative (and i did learn a ton!), but there is little on advice out there other than 'try it'. I'd like to hear how other women carry. On my hip IWB, the gun still prints through my loose clothes. I have gone to layering, but other than completely new shirts I'd like a little advice. Most the gals i've seen posting picture are all size 6 or smaller. I just have different issues. And i've tried moving it from 2:00 all the way to 5:00 just to find a good spot. I like 4:00 best. I think my holster just doesn't keep it close enough.

I am waiting on a crossbread tho. we'll see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    We have hunted for a answer, she would like to carry her T. Mil Pro 111 but it is to large and heavy for her so she carries a Kel Tec P3AT in her purse which has over the shoulder strap that she always carries in that fashion.
    I carry my P3at in a Desantis Nemisis holster in my back pocket. It prints a bit in the front. But looks like a wallet in the back pocket. Also works in cargo pockets. There are other good pocket holsters out there too. FWIW, my wife hates that gun and refuses to think about carrying it. lol

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...beouMUm734oshg
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Although I am a Male, This discussion & others like it, FOCUSED on Our Female members is GREAT.
    I think that We should have a a SEPARATE SECTION for the LADIES.

I am a Firearm Instructor ( for over 45 years - Mil., LEO, NRA etc,) & during that time I have "discovered" many things when it comes to Females & Their requirements in respect to "packing".

1. Woman are the best "students" to work with.
    2. They ARE NOT MEN. What works for us "guys", often does not work for the Ladies.
    a.Rigs
    b. Position of carry
    c, The guns
    d. Grips
    e. ETC, ETC

When ever I see a Good discussion, like this one, I read it with interest & TAKE NOTES. I can not say how often this has HELPED me be a better Instructor, but since I train other Instructors, I has assisted them.

WE NEED a "LADIES SECTION."

Puffer

Monica Kuehn Leather

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this, but Monica Kuehn makes some nice custom leather, and considering that she's a female, she probably has some insight to the female form that may help you.

I've not purchased her products, but the feedback I've seen has been very positive.

The website is: http://monicakuehnleather.blogspot.com/

Good luck!
    Don't do stupid things, don't go to stupid places, don't hang out with stupid people...

Quote Originally Posted by mmirob View Post
    corneredcat link is dead,fyi
    http://www.corneredcat.com/

try this link...just tried it and it works
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I'm starting to think that the Supertuck isn't going to work for me. With the clips spaced the way they are, one ends up just to the right of my spine and it's a pain in the you know where when sitting, especially in the car. I'm getting this thing broken in and it's molding to me somewhat, but when I get home from a trip in the car my first thought is "lets get inside and get this thing OFF!" . . . . I know it's not supposed to be comfortable like your favorite PJ's but I don't think this is gonna work out.

And I just had to spend my extra $$ on a new truck battery. Ugh.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Hmm...have you tried moving it to a different position?

For what it's worth, no holster is particularly comfy in the car for me (it's tolerable though) except a shoulder rig. I will admit that my Pure Kustom is pretty good compared to some others, but it's still a bit annoying at times.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links