Is it OK if I start a new post for Ladies CC? - Page 4

Is it OK if I start a new post for Ladies CC?

This is a discussion on Is it OK if I start a new post for Ladies CC? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cmdrdredd Hmm...have you tried moving it to a different position? For what it's worth, no holster is particularly comfy in the car ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it OK if I start a new post for Ladies CC?

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Hmm...have you tried moving it to a different position?

For what it's worth, no holster is particularly comfy in the car for me (it's tolerable though) except a shoulder rig. I will admit that my Pure Kustom is pretty good compared to some others, but it's still a bit annoying at times.
    3:00 with more can't added for long driving rigs...............

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by freestate View Post
    Still getting used to Vbulletin posting. I mistakenly thought I could go back and edit the subject title. My bad! Seems as though only an admin/mod can change thread titles. So if an admin/mod wants to--plz feel free.

I want to clarify again--I know I'm going to have to spend a bit of bank on holsters. I just want to make educated guesses/decisions, so my drawer of holsters will be mostly near misses --and not a total failure like the crossbreed supertuck was. lol!

I will say, the Crossbreed supertuck rig itself felt great with a full size, all steel CZ 75b. It distributed the weight really well. There just wasn't any way for me to wear it. But for anyone with a wider back, bigger frame--that holster (and similar variations made by others) would be fantastic. As heavy as the CZ was, I could almost forget it was there with that holster--if the holster hadn't looked and felt like I crammed frying pan down my pants.
    My CZ 75 Holster. Minimalist (No frying pan here) OWB and IWB adjustable and conforms to the body, yes even a woman's body.

If I might add another tip. I make holster for many firearms and the CZ 75 is actually one of the hardest firearms to hide because of the grip design. The way the grip goes up and out makes it prone to printing. I twisted this holster quit a bit more so it would be tighter to the body than I normally do. The customer I made this one for said it was perfect.

Wink Just outside the box for a mo'

I've been following this thread with great interest.
    Many very practical issues have emerged, which in my part of the world is very real, since we are only allowed CC - period.
    Some interesting suggestions have been offered as well and I wish I had the same quality advice say a decade ago?
    However, FWIW, have a look at the following - http://www.holsters.org/about.htm.
    This guy has been supplying me for the past 18 years with rigs. It only gets better and craftmanship is really topnotch.
    From experience and following your orginal post, my gut's telling me you might just find something here. $100= will be the ball park and worth the wait.

I would give Rocky @ Purekustom a call he will shoot straight with ya and get it right.

Hi, Ritestuff -- guess this thread is a bit old, but I'm with you in the not-a-tiny-wisp-of-a-thing department. I am an extreme newbie, only been to the range a few times, and I don't actually carry as of yet because I'm not confident enough in my shootin' abilities.

That said, I've got a Taurus 38 special and a Galco belly band. I have worn the thing (gun unloaded)(fully aware of the lameness) a few times out and about for practice. The Galco does indeed muffin top, if you have anything there to muffin, which I do, but I've found that the elastic is strong enough that I don't have to velcro it super tight, thus reducing the resemblance to pastry somewhat. About 4:00 seems best for me too. My wardrobe is completely wrong for CC, all thinnish form-fitting shirts and skirts w/ loose, non-belting waistbands, but even so I'm finding that if I hit that sweet spot behind the hip, there's only slight evidence of a gun for someone who's looking closely. It's not super comfortable but I think more practice will fix that.

My biggest concern with this setup is trying to get the dang gun out of an elastic strap, that's behind me, that's under my shirt and my skirt's waistband, with anything like grace and speed. I'd rather just have a big ol' Malcom Reynolds gunbelt I could strap on over my ladylike calico skirt. Unfortunately I've been told my revolver is too short for that to work

Anyway -- have you tried shifting the Galco around, up, down? It takes me a little while to find the best fit every time.

Oh, and hi, everyone. First time posting.
    When I start to carry for real I will update this to something awesome and clever. Or at least different.

"Zhen ta ma yao ming. Zhu yi". - Wash

Senior Moderator
    katesbee,.. welcome to the forum!

I, too, have a Galco belly band and with such a small gun have you tried pulling it around to be appendix carry? The great thing about the belly band is that you can strap it a little higher and therefore in a place that doesn't have as much digger. Or lower if that's what you prefer.

Also, do you tuck your shirt in or just leave it over your skirt?

The recommended draw for that kind of a set up is to lift the shirt with the off hand while you reach and draw with the other hand. If the grip of your firearm is below the waist of your skirt, behind your hip, I can see why you'd have less grace and speed while drawing. It would also depend greatly on what kind of skirts you wear. If they are stiff waisted with no give you might have more trouble than if they are elastic and provide a little give for you to really reach in and grip your firearm. Even if you could leave just the grip above the waistline in some way I think you would have much greater success with your draw.

Again, welcome to the forum and I hope you find some very useful information here.

Quote Originally Posted by freestate View Post
    Like trying to fit a cookie sheet in my pants.

That was really good!

Recently, I went to Wally World to try and find my wife some cargo pants for a security gig she managed to get at a local area venue. It ended as a disappointing failure. I suggested that we go to the Men's deptartment for something that even resembles a practical pair of pants, but this earned me an explanation about bulges in places that aren't ladylike...

Oh...right... Incidentally, my next suggestion of "stuffing" and going in drag didn't sit well either. The stitches come out next week.

I don't understand the concept of clothes that don't offer practical usefulness as a standard of their existence, but then again, I never was very smart.

Lately though, it has been brought up as an option to take pairs of pants, jeans, et cetera to a tailor and have alterations done to the pockets to better facilitate pocket carry. It occurs to me that one option might be to purchase a man's pair of cargo pants (or just jeans/pants/whatever) and have the unnecessary cloth removed and the seam re-done. At least then you would have pants with pockets that aren't just "for looks" and you may find your options expanded some.

Just an idea.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Quote Originally Posted by katesbee View Post
    Hi, Ritestuff -- guess this thread is a bit old, but I'm with you in the not-a-tiny-wisp-of-a-thing department. I am an extreme newbie, only been to the range a few times, and I don't actually carry as of yet because I'm not confident enough in my shootin' abilities.

That said, I've got a Taurus 38 special and a Galco belly band. I have worn the thing (gun unloaded)(fully aware of the lameness) a few times out and about for practice. The Galco does indeed muffin top, if you have anything there to muffin, which I do, but I've found that the elastic is strong enough that I don't have to velcro it super tight, thus reducing the resemblance to pastry somewhat. About 4:00 seems best for me too. My wardrobe is completely wrong for CC, all thinnish form-fitting shirts and skirts w/ loose, non-belting waistbands, but even so I'm finding that if I hit that sweet spot behind the hip, there's only slight evidence of a gun for someone who's looking closely. It's not super comfortable but I think more practice will fix that.

My biggest concern with this setup is trying to get the dang gun out of an elastic strap, that's behind me, that's under my shirt and my skirt's waistband, with anything like grace and speed. I'd rather just have a big ol' Malcom Reynolds gunbelt I could strap on over my ladylike calico skirt. Unfortunately I've been told my revolver is too short for that to work

Anyway -- have you tried shifting the Galco around, up, down? It takes me a little while to find the best fit every time.

Glad to see i'm not alone! I now have a Crossbreed and love it. It sits about 4:30 on my hip. I have gone to wearing jeans and a few jeans shorts and tank/cami with a cover shirt. I always to a "how do i look" and a quick twirl before my hubby or any of my kids to make sure i'm good to go. With the new layer styles i have a few tank-sweater-things that don't button and dress me up a tad. It helps. As soon as i get home, the cover is off and i'm cool in a tank. The gun stays on all the time and the kids are used to it.

As for you being new, practice takes care of all that. I now go out on my own and am confident to do so. I love to hear woman shooting too. I'm not the only one! Have fun!

I was turned onto Remora Holsters, by Ram Rod.

These holsters are a no-clip design, and work by traction, rather than clips or loops. I recently got one and I'm currently experimenting with it.

To me, it's the perfect 'experiment' holster. You can wear it anywhere, at any angle, between you and your clothing. You can try out appendix, crossdraw, small of back, and different positions strong side. For smaller pistols it can work as a pocket holster,in your pants or in a jacket, as well. And, at a price that's hard to beat.

I got mine in less than 7 days; I'm wearing it right now, at the appendix position, with a S&W 442. This setup is lighter than my wallet, no kidding
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by katesbee View Post

Although I am a Male, I wear a Kilt most of the time & carry ALWAYS.

You said you had a "Tarus .38 spec" is it a "snubby revolver" ??
    I carry a SP101 (snubby guite often ) both CC & OC.
    CC = IWB or owb with cover. ( conceals well)
    OC = OWB
    NO SWEAT accessing.
    When I travel in the car, I also carry a S&W"air weight" in a custom Thigh rig.

If you want pics & more info PM me.

Jack

You might check out this thread on another forum. specifically they are talking about the tucker silent thunder which is a bit narrower but an interesting combination of kydex with a leather lining.
    http://womenandguns.servertalk.in/wo...-ntopic12.html

I am a guy, 5'8" 125 pounds. Similar frame you you girls with a long torso. I'm 24, if it matters.

I wear tighter T-shirts, or tucked button-downs for work so IWB is a must.

I have been using a tiny IWB holster called a Cozy Partner by DeSantis.

I normally carry at 4 O'Clock with a FBI canter. It's a tiny little holster that keeps my M&P 9c in place when running, as long as my belt is tight enough.

I just ordered two VM-2s for my M&P and impending Kimber Ultra II TLE.

I know you girls wear slim-fit, low-rise jeans so is IWB an option?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I agree with you Puffer, e should have a section for the ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I was turned onto Remora Holsters, by Ram Rod.

These holsters are a no-clip design, and work by traction, rather than clips or loops. I recently got one and I'm currently experimenting with it.

To me, it's the perfect 'experiment' holster. You can wear it anywhere, at any angle, between you and your clothing. You can try out appendix, crossdraw, small of back, and different positions strong side. For smaller pistols it can work as a pocket holster,in your pants or in a jacket, as well. And, at a price that's hard to beat.

I got mine in less than 7 days; I'm wearing it right now, at the appendix position, with a S&W 442. This setup is lighter than my wallet, no kidding
    Could you explain how the "traction" thing works to me? Pm maybe? I don't want to thread jack, but thats looks interesting to me, and I might suggest it to my wife. (She has expressed interest in carrying, but I had to talk her out of the purse thing. So maybe I could show her this and explain how it works.) Thanks

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Considering your rather narrow build, I would rule out any holster such as the Supertuck. There simply isn't enough of you for what is essentially a wrap around holster. If you look at Limatune's pics, you'll notice that one someone of her stature, a 4" 1911 is huge. I think you would probably best rule out open carry. IWB would require a larger pants size and I think an all leather holster that will mold itself to your figure, but IMO it's the best route.
    The Tennessee Holster Co. makes a IWB holster of a very thin flexable leather. It is not as bulky as most and can be worn in various modes both IWB and OWB and has two mounting systems. It is also fully adjustable for cant, in case you decide on appendix or calvary carry. Check out their website at tennesseeholstercompany.com.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Oooh now, that Remora thing looks interesting. And cheap (huzzah!). Thanks for the tip, I think I may order one of those. I'll report back on whether it works with my wardrobe.

I just want to say that I don't think we need a separate ladies' section. That makes me think of the gyms where the girls go off in a separate room to lift weights because they're embarrassed to be seen lifting their tiny 2.5 lbs barbells. Well, if it's where you're at, there's no need to be embarrassed. We all begin at the beginning, every person on this forum presumably started off not knowing the difference between a revolver and whatever those other gun things are I get a lot out of reading all the different kinds of posts and I appreciate you grizzled veterans taking the time to give us newbies advice.
    When I start to carry for real I will update this to something awesome and clever. Or at least different.

"Zhen ta ma yao ming. Zhu yi". - Wash

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links