Wilderness Tactical Belt?

This is a discussion on Wilderness Tactical Belt? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From looking at some other posts/reviews, I'm pretty much sold on getting a Wilderness Tactical Belt. I'm sold on the idea of the precise adjustability ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Tactical Belt?

From looking at some other posts/reviews, I'm pretty much sold on getting a Wilderness Tactical Belt. I'm sold on the idea of the precise adjustability options as some of my pants are larger than others and my weight fluctuates throughout the year. I'm just not sure which one to get. The two I'm interested in are similiar in price, but I'm just not sure which would be best for carrying a lightweight polymer frame pistol (PF9) in a Crossbreed Supertuck. The "Frequent Flyer" interests me the most, but the "Original Instructor" belt would be fine too. I NEVER tuck my shirt in when carrying so the fact the belt looks "tactical" does not matter since it's never seen.

1)Since I'll be using it for CC'ing, should I get the 3-stitch or do I really need the extra support from the 5-stitch?

2) After you fasten the buckle, is the velcro used pretty much just to keep the extra belt retained? In other words, if the velcro eventually wore out, could you just take off the velcro section without sacrificing the stability of the belt staying tight?

Any suggestions/comments are appreciated. Thanks.
    Carry on my friend~~

Smith & Wesson SW9VE
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15
    Kel-Tec PF9

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Concealing a small handgun is not as difficult as a larger one. So unless there is a possibilty you may carry a larger framed gun, the 3 stitch should be sufficient. (I currently have the "Instructor" (5 stitch); however my next belt will most likely be the 3 stitch.)

Go with the 5 stitch in case you ever buy a larger handgun to conceal, the 3 stitch is not nearly as vertically rigid. The velcro is there to pretty much retain the extra length of the belt, the buckle itself is self-locking upon a principle of pressure; the more pressure pulling against the buckle, the more secure the buckle retains the belt.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Velcro wears out but can be replaced. With the lighter firearm, I'd say the 3-stitch would be sufficient. If you have plans for something heavier, like a 1911 style, you may as well pop for the 5-stitch.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

for five bucks get the 5 stich and be done with it...just what i did. i got a black one and love it! i carry a g19 with a supertuck, works great

I have the Original Instructor's Belt with added 5-stitch. The velcro still holds really well, but not as good as new. As said before the buckle actually locks the belt in place. I have mentioned this before but I found it very nice, when using a urinal you can velcro the tail end of the belt after undoing it. This prevents the tail from touching the urinal, or the floor of the bathroom stall.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

I use the 3 stitch 1.25" Frequent Flyer, and find it to be plenty stiff.

Plus, Wilderness is out of Phoenix Az. and there's no better time to support Az businesses then now.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll get the 5 inch. I do have a Sigma 9mm as well that I plan to carry somel. Although heavier than the PF9, it's still pretty light but might was well get the 5 stitch I guess. Thanks again.
    Carry on my friend~~

Smith & Wesson SW9VE
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15
    Kel-Tec PF9

I've got both of them in 5 stitch. The extra couple of bucks is worth it.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

I've got the 1.75" 3 stitch and the 1.5" 5 stitch, both hold a 5" 1911, flashlight, and 2 extra mags without a problem.
    Adam

"For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

Is there a valid reason to choose a 3 stitch over the 5 stitch? I carry a G26, but I hope to have full size pistol in the near future. If it is only the extra $5, I will surely choose the 5 stitch. Is the three more comfortable?

I was fine with a department store belt with my paddle holster and my MTAC, but I bought a high ride OWB and I have to pinch off blood supply to my legs to hold it tight to my side. OUCH! PINCH! Time for a real belt!
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

kpw
    For $5, the 5 stitch is well worth it. I actually prefer the CSM for OWB but the 5 stitch is more than good enough. As others have said, the velcro holds the belt end in place. Some of the cheaper versions by other companies actually use the velcro to fasten the belt because the buckles do not lock onto the belt. Wilderness will also replace the velcro for a small fee when it wears out.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Even if I was just carrying a squirt gun, I would still spend the extra few bucks and get the 5 stitch.

los
    I've owned my 1.5"~3-stitch belt for about 8 years and have worn it about 90% of the time since it's acquisition. In it's tenure, it's been used to carry a HK USP45c, a few Colt Gov 1911s, a Kimber UC, a G26, a PT709 Slim and now a Smith j-frame revolver. Most of the time I also carried an extra mag on the belt. I've never had a problem with it and none are anticipated. Stitching is holding up pretty good and the velcro is intact.

It continues to give me great service.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    For $5, the 5 stitch is well worth it. I actually prefer the CSM for OWB but the 5 stitch is more than good enough. As others have said, the velcro holds the belt end in place. Some of the cheaper versions by other companies actually use the velcro to fasten the belt because the buckles do not lock onto the belt. Wilderness will also replace the velcro for a small fee when it wears out.
    I use a 1.75" CSM model for my government sized 1911 in an MTAC and love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links