Glock 19 Holster...

Glock 19 Holster...

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Holster... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a good OTW holster for my Glock 19 since I can also open carry where I live. Is there one that will ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Holster...

Question Glock 19 Holster...

I'm looking for a good OTW holster for my Glock 19 since I can also open carry where I live. Is there one that will not create wear marks? Is a locking holster recommended? Thanks in advance.
    Support Our Troops!

Cool

You are going to have to get out and start looking and trying for yourself my friend. I would start with the holster makers that advertise and support Defensive Carry. I carry a Glock 19 or 23 IWB with a HighNoon Public Secret. Good Luck.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

One of the best holsters ever made for OWB carry was the Lou Alessi CQC/S.
    This tradition continues on with the Ritchie Leather CQ-QR.

there are several holster makers on the site. do a search and see whom they are. they all make good holsters.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Glock holster

I normally use a UBG Canute for my Glock 19 but, it is IWB. I would highly recommend any UBG holster though. He does make them for OWB.

I also have a K&D Thunderbird defender for my CZ PCR. It is actually IWB/OWB and tuckable. Very versatile holster and great quality.

Neither of these holsters have put any noticeable wear on the guns.

Check them out.

I have a K &D Laredo Defender for my G19, liked it so much I ordered one for my G17.

Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    You did not specify leather or Kydex.

If I open carry my Glock 23 or 19 it's in a Blackhawk Serpa because of the retension lock. My 27 is usually concealed in a Don Hume H721 OT leather. It fits tight to my side and is easily concealed under a golf or tee shirt.

The finish on a Glock is so tough, it will take a long time to show holster wear under normal conditions.
    Proud NRA member

Good recommendations... I have a K&D Laredo Defender and a Don Hume H721 OT... the Don Hume is less expensive... but the K&D is another great holster.

Here is my K&D:

And Don Hume:

Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

I don't think you can top the Kramer Belt Scabbard for OWB for the Glock 19. I agree there are several other top-tier makers, but for me, my Kramers work great.

kpw
    All holsters will create wear marks eventually. The locking, retention holsters might buy you a little time in a gun grab but they are not foolproof. If you buy one, you need to practice diligently with it. I used a Serpa the first day of a course I took over the weekend with a G17. I honestly thought it would slow me down quite a bit but it didn't too much. I was still able to outdraw everyone on the line and I didn't miss a draw the entire day.

Some have reccommended High Noon, Ritchie (Alessi CQC/s) and Kramer. All three are excellent leather options. They are not retention specific designs but are formed with a tight fit and with a little retention training, are great options. The CQC/s is probably the most comfortable holster I've worn. I have no experience with the K&D designs but he has a good reputation for quality.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

VIP Member
    Nate at UBG has a Regulator (OWB) for a G19 on sale now (it's already complete, no wait time) for $75 shipped. http://www.ubgholsters.com/forsale.htm

I have one for my P228, and it is an excellent holster. My only caveat is that I do not OC with this holster - if you plan on OCing often a retention device may be of more use to you. That said, no wait on a very high quality holster for a reasonable price is hard to pass up... I may buy the dang thing myself if I don't stop thinking about it!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Nate at UBG has a Regulator (OWB) for a G19 on sale now (it's already complete, no wait time) for $75 shipped. http://www.ubgholsters.com/forsale.htm

I have one for my P228, and it is an excellent holster. My only caveat is that I do not OC with this holster - if you plan on OCing often a retention device may be of more use to you. That said, no wait on a very high quality holster for a reasonable price is hard to pass up... I may buy the dang thing myself if I don't stop thinking about it!
    It'd match my UBG belt, too! I spent too much this weekend already!
    Nate makes great stuff.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

$12.00 will get you a simple OWB holster. The GLOCK Sport/Combat holster. Check it out, if anything it's an inexpensive start...
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    $12.00 will get you a simple OWB holster. The GLOCK Sport/Combat holster. Check it out, if anything it's an inexpensive start...
    The Glock Sport Combat holster is a damn good holster. I've been using it daily with a Glock 26, now a glock 30. Retention is great, it doesn't squeak or rattle, and it is great for concealability. The only problem is, because you thread your belt through it, taking it off is a hassle.

A great place to shop for holsters. http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links