Smartcarry construction issues after 4 months of use "Anyone else with issues?"

Smartcarry construction issues after 4 months of use "Anyone else with issues?"

This is a discussion on Smartcarry construction issues after 4 months of use "Anyone else with issues?" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am not attempting to bash the Smartcarry. I use mine a lot as I need deep concealment carry almost 5 days a week and ...

Question Smartcarry construction issues after 4 months of use "Anyone else with issues?"

I am not attempting to bash the Smartcarry. I use mine a lot as I need deep concealment carry almost 5 days a week and I've not been made so far while wearing it. It is a great deep concealment holster but over the past month I've noticed it is starting to fall apart and I'm wondering if anyone else has had such issues as early on as I have. I have included two pictures below to show my two main concerns.

I will have it replaced soon as they do have a one year warranty on their products.

Only one side has done this.

Bottom right corner has torn and threads have separated.

VIP Member
    I had the ‘Thunderwear’, which incidentally has the same patent number as the Smartcarry. Anyway, mine wore out in the same way as in your photo. It worked pretty well in the cooler months, but it became a real sweat rag in the summer. Since the elastic band also caused me to itch like crazy, I simply tossed it and moved on to a more conventional carry.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Do you dry yours in the dryer? I always air-dry mine. Air-drying takes longer, but that's one reason I got two SmartCarrys.

I've had my current 2 for about 18 months, usually wear 1 of them daily, and the elastic bands don't look as bad as yours. They are worn some, but still work fine.

I haven't had any thread coming loose on mine, either.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Do you dry yours in the dryer? I always air-dry mine. Air-drying takes longer, but that's one reason I got two SmartCarrys.
    It has never seen a dryer or a washer. When I get home I take it off, stick the straps together and lay it flat across my laptop bag.

Unless the color in your pics is distorted, they are being made out of a different material now. My straps on the blue SC are black, whereas yours look green. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Distortion of the straps is normal over time, although 4 months is quicker than any of mine curled to the extent yours did.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Unless the color in your pics is distorted, they are being made out of a different material now. My straps on the blue SC are black, whereas yours look green. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Distortion of the straps is normal over time, although 4 months is quicker than any of mine curled to the extent yours did.
    The straps are black. The color is just distorted from the angle I took the pictures.

VIP Member
    I only wear mine occasionally so it has very little wear. I hand wash mine and open air dry.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Mine has been doing something similar on the straps, but I wouldnt worry about it. Any elastic is going to do that with use. You might just be putting it on too tight.

VIP Member
    I just happened to think about this... I'll bet if you contacted SmartCarry, they'd be willing to help you with your issue! They're great people.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I just happened to think about this... I'll bet if you contacted SmartCarry, they'd be willing to help you with your issue! They're great people.
    I am going to contact them about it and I know they will replace it. I posted because I was wondering if anyone else had issues only after four months of use.

Red face

Ive probably had mine for about a year and it looks the same. The elastic stretched but only to a point as long as its tight when you are wearing it and uniform relaxed should matter as much. I wear mine in South Ga and its still in fine shape

Links