Left handed/ambidextrous holster

This is a discussion on Left handed/ambidextrous holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had some surgery done on my right shoulder and am going to be in a sling for about a month. Obviously, my gear is ...

Thread: Left handed/ambidextrous holster

Left handed/ambidextrous holster

I had some surgery done on my right shoulder and am going to be in a sling for about a month. Obviously, my gear is no good to me now when i feel most vulnerable.

Yesterday i went to a gun store hoping to find a generic ambidextrous holster for my G26 (w/ laserguard preferably). They didn't have any ambidextrous at all, and only 2 left handed; some cheapo vinyl and foam stuff. Ironically, the right handed version of the one i prefered was $13 and the left $45. Quite a jump eh?

Anyway, Im looking for a left handed holster cheap enough to be disposable or ambidextrous for use after I'm out of this sling. I'd prefer an ankle holster, especially if it is ambidextrous.

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Mas Ayoob's review of High Noon's Topless holster, which he used as an ambi holster:

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/In_T...s_review_.html

Not cheap, but usable as an ambidextrous holster.

The Smart Carry will work for either left or right handed

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Mas Ayoob's review of High Noon's Topless holster, which he used as an ambi holster:

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/In_T...s_review_.html

Not cheap, but usable as an ambidextrous holster.
    Looks to be about what Im looking for, but its a custom made to order meaning several weeks before delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    The Smart Carry will work for either left or right handed
    I modified mine to accommodate the CT laserguard. I tried it left handed and it just doesnt work.

Remora holsters. Approx $25, and I've had a very good experience with the two (not to mention the IWB dual mag pouch) I've bought from them. Arko can testify to this, I was wearing a full size (5" barrel) solid steel 1911 on my strong side and 2 spare magazines on my weak side with almost no noticeable bulges at all under a pair of cargo shorts and a polo shirt when he, I, and his missus went out to dinner the other week. Did I mention I wasn't wearing a belt and the holster nor the mag pouch ever moved on me?

Practically invisible, cheap, provide excellent support, easy to reholster, and depending on how tight the waistband of your pants are, you might not even need a belt for support. Of course the belt definitely helps draw it into your body, but the holster uses friction to hold itself and your weapon in place and does not move without a great deal of force.

http://remoraholsters.com/
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Go on Ebay, search for "holster ultimate iwb". Look down the list for your gun or one you know to use the same holsters. These are fine quality leather holsters made by AKJ/Concealco. They are ambidextrous and a bargain price.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Welcome to my permanent nightmare...I hope your stay is short lived, that is to say I hope you heal quickly. I can never find holsters in gun stores or gun shows. I am pretty limited to ordering stuff off the internet. You can pick up some Don Hume stuff for relatively inexpensive and they have been pretty good about having stuff in stock when I ordered. It depends on how popular your pistol is. Lefty holsters for Glocks are able to be found without month long wait times, but once you start adding rail attachments it narrows down your field. Since lefties are such a small crowd, they don't keep real specific stuff on stock a lot. So, the more you can keep your purchase to the mainstream the more likely you'll find something in stock. Otherwise, Uncle Mikes makes decent, cheap, ambi holsters. I don't use them for concealment, but for toting a new pistol I haven't got leather for yet to the range it serves its purpose.

Links