Comp-Tac/Minotaur Gladiator Holster for GLOCK 21SF

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac/Minotaur Gladiator Holster for GLOCK 21SF within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought Kydex would be the way to go with my new to me Glock but wasn't quite ready for Kydex only, I've had a ...

Thread: Comp-Tac/Minotaur Gladiator Holster for GLOCK 21SF

JD [OP]
    Administrator

Comp-Tac/Minotaur Gladiator Holster for GLOCK 21SF

I thought Kydex would be the way to go with my new to me Glock but wasn't quite ready for Kydex only, I've had a few all Kydex and polymer holsters from BladeTech and others and never really cared for them all that much.

I wanted OWB as the G21SF is mainly going to be for IDPA and possible winter carry if I decide to carry it. I went with Comptac as they have one of the quickest turnaround times in the holster industry, I had my gear in 10 days, I ordered on the 14th and it all came in today.

One Minotaur Gladiator Holster, two single mag carriers with Tek-Lok and of course the Smarties (not pictured, SpeedLoader ate them). Seems like some well made stuff, but the mag carriers are definitely on the thick side, I think good leather double mag carrier is in my future to have a less "bumpy" profile on my belt. One of the things I like about this gear is that I can adjust it for different belt sizes. I tend to use a 1.75" belt for competition as it is a little stiffer and handles the additional weight of AR mags quite nicely.

The rig seems very well made, I should have a better update on it tomorrow as I'll be running this set up in the local IDPA match.

Here's the pics.

2. Remove Ads

Good choice.....I do love Comp-Tac's stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    , two single mag carriers with Tek-Lok and of course the Smarties (not pictured, SpeedLoader ate them). Seems like some well made stuff, but the mag carriers are definitely on the thick side,
    First off, poor Lima with that juiced-up toodler

As for those Tek-Lok's thier good carriers but uncomfortable to carry all day........those rigid, squar backs could be made better. Bet they work great for competition though.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    , I think good leather double mag carrier is in my future to have a less "bumpy" profile on my belt.
    I agree, I'm looking too. In the meantime my blackhawk CQC sufices nicely.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

kpw
    I haven't tried one of the hybrids yet, I'd like to try a Gladiator myself. Nice pics of it. I like Comp-Tac mag pouches but not with the Tek-Loks. They feel bulky to me. Their standard clip is pretty robust, less bulky and more comfortable. You can't change them out for different belt sizes, but one of mine was made for a 1.75" and works fine on a 1.5" without any noticeable slop or movement.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

GM
    Nice holster.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

lets see it on you!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    lets see it on you!
    I'd be interested in seeing a side photo and/or one with a t-shirt over it. I'm deciding on an OWB for a glock 30 and am very interested in how well this model conceals esp compared to say the Glock Sport Holster. .

I love Comp Tac's products, I own 2 of their holsters. I'm also giving away a couple. I have an M-Tac and a Minotaur Neutral Cant. Both are great but they're IWB. I had a Gladiator for my G19 and returned it. It didn't ride close enough to my side. Hard to conceal in a polo shirt. But I've heard for winter carry, wearing a vest, coat, etc, they're great. One of the most well made holsters out there! Comp Tac's customer service is simply outstanding.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Links