Looking for the perfect Holster.

This is a discussion on Looking for the perfect Holster. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey folks, I need some help from the holster Gurus. I'm an Ohio resident, which means that every time I go into darn near any ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the perfect Holster.

Looking for the perfect Holster.

Hey folks, I need some help from the holster Gurus.

I'm an Ohio resident, which means that every time I go into darn near any restaurant or any Criminal Protection Zone (CPZ - building or business that is posted/offlimits), I need to take off my pistol.

I've got a Glock 30SF that I'm trying to find the ideal holster for. My main problem is, I need a holster that is very concealable, yet easy to take on and off. Since I carry the glock Condition 1, I really don't want to be holstering/unholstering all the time... IMO that is a recipie for disaster. The less gun-handling I need to do, the better. I'd much rather take the whole holster/pistol rig off together and lock them into the in-car safe when going into a CPZ.

Anyone have any recommendations for such a beast? The closest I've ever come was a Galco Triton, which was an IWB Kydex model with one big clip that I could fairly easily and quickly clip on and off my belt. Unfortunately they don't make it for the G30. Ideally I'd like an OWB holster that hugs the pistol as tightly as the Glock Sport/Combat, yet has a quick-release I can press to detach the holster part from the belt.

Any suggestions?

--------

What I've tried:

Comp-Tac MTAC: Love this holster, It is ok to take off but kind of a pain to put back on without opening my pants.

CrossBreed Supertuck: On-Order. Waiting for it to arrive. I suspect it will be similar for the MTAC

CrossBreed SnapSlide: Great holster (though squeaky) But is affixed to belt.

Glock Sport/Combat: Love this holster. Same problem as snapslide.

Galco Triton: Not bad, but doesn't exist for my Glock 30... like it for glock 26

Blackhawk Serpa: I really love the way this holster works. but this one is terrible for concealment. It literally holds the gun 1 inch from my body.

2. Remove Ads

I have to disarm everyday, where I work. I've been using a SuperTuck. I lock my pistol in the truck and leave the SuperTuck on. Works for me, YMMV

Have you looked at the various holsters at High Noon? They have some nice offerings that look like they might facilitate easy on/off.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Occidental Leather IWB Stronghold Phienix
    Found here......http://www.rossroadbags.com/cat.php?cat_ID=60

I have one of these in black for my Glock 30sf and absolutely love it. The most comfortable holster I own. It worked so well for the Glock that I recently purchased one for my DW V-Bob, Kimber Ultra Carry, and Glock 19/23.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Take a look at the "Low Rider" from rmholsters.com. It is very much like the Galco Triton you described, and he does make it for the G30.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Distinguished Member
    Take a look at tuckergunleather.

Look at Fist holsters, I use a #2 IWB or Owb convertable, snaps on the straps easy on & off, Very comfortable. Fist has a large array, leather , kydex and hybred. Look at www.Fist.com
    Last edited by Steve J; July 26th, 2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: add detail

I carry in a CBST on most days, but when the wife wants to shop, I carry in my Front line Inside-Pants Holster with Alpha-Lining. Its a single clip that is easy to remove and put on.
    http://www.front-line.co.il/Default.htm

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    Hey folks, I need some help from the holster Gurus.

I'm an Ohio resident, which means that every time I go into darn near any restaurant or any Criminal Protection Zone (CPZ - building or business that is posted/offlimits), I need to take off my pistol.

I've got a Glock 30SF that I'm trying to find the ideal holster for. My main problem is, I need a holster that is very concealable, yet easy to take on and off. Since I carry the glock Condition 1, I really don't want to be holstering/unholstering all the time... IMO that is a recipie for disaster. The less gun-handling I need to do, the better. I'd much rather take the whole holster/pistol rig off together and lock them into the in-car safe when going into a CPZ.

Anyone have any recommendations for such a beast? The closest I've ever come was a Galco Triton, which was an IWB Kydex model with one big clip that I could fairly easily and quickly clip on and off my belt. Unfortunately they don't make it for the G30. Ideally I'd like an OWB holster that hugs the pistol as tightly as the Glock Sport/Combat, yet has a quick-release I can press to detach the holster part from the belt.

Any suggestions?

--------

What I've tried:

Comp-Tac MTAC: Love this holster, It is ok to take off but kind of a pain to put back on without opening my pants.

CrossBreed Supertuck: On-Order. Waiting for it to arrive. I suspect it will be similar for the MTAC

CrossBreed SnapSlide: Great holster (though squeaky) But is affixed to belt.

Glock Sport/Combat: Love this holster. Same problem as snapslide.

Galco Triton: Not bad, but doesn't exist for my Glock 30... like it for glock 26

Blackhawk Serpa: I really love the way this holster works. but this one is terrible for concealment. It literally holds the gun 1 inch from my body.
    I have been useing a Kirkpatrick OWB holster and it is easy off and easy on holster.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

los
    An OWB rig with snap loops will work well for your requirements. Look at the rigs offered by TT Gunleather. I think you'll be impressed.

FYI, I had Tim [Owner; TT Gunleather] make me a custom exotic combo rig with snap loops for a PT709 I carried and it exceeded my expectations.

I no longer own it but here's a photo...

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

This holster works out well for me for easy on and off with my Glock 30.

Randy

Randy

+1 on TTGunleather snapable pancakes. Not sure what a "perfect" holster would be but "she's close enough to perfect for me."

Thanks for all the suggestions. This Snap-able pancake looks like it would definitely work for me. How close do they hold to the body anyone have any pics while wearing one/concealing it?

los
    Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    ...This Snap-able pancake looks like it would definitely work for me. How close do they hold to the body anyone have any pics while wearing one/concealing it?
    The TT Gunleather rig stuck to me like a pair of Remora on a Great White Shark.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

check out the Galco Royal Guard or Galco Summer Comfort holsters. I carry my G19 in a royal guard and it is very comfortable and it has snaps for easy on/off. Magills.com

That does look like it holds the pistol nice and close. Really slick looking setup.

Has anyone tried the Comp-tac "Gladiator" version or this type of holster? I'm partial to kydex due to price and the satisfying snap when the pistol is inserted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links