Blade-Tech Holsters?

Blade-Tech Holsters?

This is a discussion on Blade-Tech Holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for my first CC IWB holster and I think I like that Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster the best (after having started another thread ...

Thread: Blade-Tech Holsters?

Blade-Tech Holsters?

I'm looking for my first CC IWB holster and I think I like that Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster the best (after having started another thread soliciting advice/suggestions). Have any of you folks ever used one? If so, what are your reviews?

Here's the link to the one I'm talking about: http://www.blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech...er-pr-821.html

JD
    Administrator
    I had one, pending on what gun it's for it might be a good choice, if it's a larger/heavier firearm, I prefer something with two mounting attachments instead of just one.

If you're looking for a "tuckable" holster (whereby you can tuck in your shirt and conceal the gun), there *might* be better options. As JD said, it depends on the weight of the gun. I have a UCH for my P239/.40....and it works OK for me. I would not use it on my P229 or anything larger...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I carry a P7M13, M8, or straight P7, during waking hours in Blade Tech UCH's appendix. Work or play for almost 4 years now.
    I had to modify the belt clip to set the holster 3/4" deeper in the waistband to over come the butt weight. I cannot get a full firing grip because of the depth, but concealment is #1.
    A LOT of practice driving my thumb down behind, little and ring fingers hooking the front strap has allowed me to be almost as fast from a closed front garment as from behind the hip with an open front concealment. [ Tucked is slower as expected, and I haven't tried the 13 tucked. ]

Is it perfect? No, but it works for me and allows me to carry pistols I'm comfortable with,and confident in.
    As always, YMMV
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

If you're not dead set on the Blade-Tech, Comp-Tac is having a 10% off sale until tomorrow (Saturday 31st), and their MTAC is included in the sale. I have it and I like the fact that it has 2 belt clips, plus it has lots of adjust-ability to make it fit just right.

+1 on the Mtac !!!!! EXCELLENT holster, just bought another for my Taurus 709. Love the one I carry my Glock in.

Sorry guys. I should have mentioned it before. The gun I will be carrying is a Ruger P944 (.40 S&W). I would prefer that it be tuckable as well. The Blade-Tech holster seems to cover what I'm looking for, but, if there are comparable holsters (the hard kind - kydex I guess?) that y'all know of, feel free to mention them. Also, I mentioned it in my previous thread asking for general CC IWB holster suggestions -- I'm a pretty big guy (6'2, 320), so that should be kept in mind.

Sponsored Links