Blade-Tech Holsters?

Blade-Tech Holsters?

This is a discussion on Blade-Tech Holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for my first CC IWB holster and I think I like that Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster the best (after having started another thread ...

Thread: Blade-Tech Holsters?

Blade-Tech Holsters?

I'm looking for my first CC IWB holster and I think I like that Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster the best (after having started another thread soliciting advice/suggestions). Have any of you folks ever used one? If so, what are your reviews?

Here's the link to the one I'm talking about: http://www.blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech...er-pr-821.html

JD
    Administrator
    I had one, pending on what gun it's for it might be a good choice, if it's a larger/heavier firearm, I prefer something with two mounting attachments instead of just one.

If you're looking for a "tuckable" holster (whereby you can tuck in your shirt and conceal the gun), there *might* be better options. As JD said, it depends on the weight of the gun. I have a UCH for my P239/.40....and it works OK for me. I would not use it on my P229 or anything larger...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I carry a P7M13, M8, or straight P7, during waking hours in Blade Tech UCH's appendix. Work or play for almost 4 years now.
    I had to modify the belt clip to set the holster 3/4" deeper in the waistband to over come the butt weight. I cannot get a full firing grip because of the depth, but concealment is #1.
    A LOT of practice driving my thumb down behind, little and ring fingers hooking the front strap has allowed me to be almost as fast from a closed front garment as from behind the hip with an open front concealment. [ Tucked is slower as expected, and I haven't tried the 13 tucked. ]

Is it perfect? No, but it works for me and allows me to carry pistols I'm comfortable with,and confident in.
    As always, YMMV
    Nat
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayre 1994]

If you're not dead set on the Blade-Tech, Comp-Tac is having a 10% off sale until tomorrow (Saturday 31st), and their MTAC is included in the sale. I have it and I like the fact that it has 2 belt clips, plus it has lots of adjust-ability to make it fit just right.

+1 on the Mtac !!!!! EXCELLENT holster, just bought another for my Taurus 709. Love the one I carry my Glock in.

Sorry guys. I should have mentioned it before. The gun I will be carrying is a Ruger P944 (.40 S&W). I would prefer that it be tuckable as well. The Blade-Tech holster seems to cover what I'm looking for, but, if there are comparable holsters (the hard kind - kydex I guess?) that y'all know of, feel free to mention them. Also, I mentioned it in my previous thread asking for general CC IWB holster suggestions -- I'm a pretty big guy (6'2, 320), so that should be kept in mind.

Sponsored Links